• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud Error stops me from using Dropbox for backup

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two days and about 5 hrs and no luck. I need to use my 1T Dropbox for backup for desktop and documents on my Mac. Should be simple, right? Well, as difficultly simple as everything is today. 

I continue to get an error that states "Adobe Creative Cloud error" (See attached). Of course, when I click on "how to fix this error" I'm supposed to some how magically figure out what in 660gb is causing the error. 

I have nothing in the adobe cloud; no documents; in theory, noting from PDFs (I say in theory because I can never figure out where anything is actually saved); my cloud says there are no documents. I do have some images in the stock photos in a library (where the professor is standing with the candelstick), and I downloaded them. I also have repeated attempted to delete on that we no long want but I have given up. That comes back like a single sock from the drawer. 

So, I attempted to uninstall adobe creative cloud and I got a message that I couldn't because I have apps that are installed that use it. How convenient is this! 

I need those apps and I need to also backup into a cloud I already pay for. So, do I uninstall Stock, PDF, DC, Reader, etc. or is there a trick, the secret that I don't know to ask that I don't know? 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I deleted nineteen items one. at. a. time and I have 18mb left. I assume those are the photos in the library. Thanks for that input. Too bad, however, that I still get the error that there is something being accessed "in the cloud" that CC is blocking. And Dropbox says to ask CC or spend hours trying to figure it out. Or talk to myself, the IT person in the home office I work at. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tucker, you may want to reconsider your approach to how you are using Dropbox.  For my personal computers, I only have Dropbox syncing the one folder within the User Documents folder.  I use this same Dropbox folder on both Mac and Windows without any errors. 

The Dropbox folder still contains everything that I want to sync between devices. Still, I don't have to worry about it trying to sync application preferences or files used by other applications. I even created a backup folder within Dropbox to manually backup preferences and application installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was trying to do. I use Dropbox to back up specific documents manually. Silly me, thought I could "just simply" use it for backing up as a redundant system. You know, like they advertise. Asterisk. Footnote. Hidden secret steps. Awesome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should have tried Shift-Select!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever that means. In the car? In the library with the professor? While waiting for a bus? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tucker! I had the same problem when backing up with Dropbox. Looking for a solution I stumbled across your post but didn't find a solution anywhere. I got a good tip from Dropbox support. A certain version of the Creative Cloud client creates a "Library" folder in the "Documents" folder and locks it. If you have the same problem, you have to get rid of it. There is also a help text from Adobe: helpx.adobe.com/de/download-in...

Good luck!

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue and deleting the locked Library folder from the Documents folder solved it. Thank you knrk-MBP17-2011! Your post should be featured first in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ THIS IS THE ANSWER. 

Because I found that help article a bit confusing, I'm re-writing the instructions here.

If you see "Adobe Creative Cloud error" in Dropbox Backup on macOS:

• Go to the Dropbox folder location. The default is /Users/%username%/, but you can check this. In the Dropbox app, go to Preferences > Sync > 'Dropbox folder location.' It's in the dropdown menu under, "Choose where your Dropbox (Personal) is located on this Mac."
  •  Look for a subfolder named "Library" with a red "no entry" :no_entry: badge. Don't worry; this folder icon badge just means you'll need to use your admin password.
  • Delete it ("Move to Trash"), and type in your password when prompted by the OS.

It's a very simple solution but it took me way too much time and energy to find this.

Finally, thank you, @knrk-MBP17-2011for responding to this thread with the answer! You're a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It's been so long since I attempted to do anything with dropbox, I'll have to go back and see if this is a solution. I think I was able to finally turn off the "just simply turn on and it will backup everything flawlessly, but it doesn't (hurdle/hoop) then you're screwed" somewhere... 🙂 It's maddening. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the "CLOUD" on the Mac to stop backing up a laptop's desktop. I'm afraid to hit the "stop" button since the message is "if you do this you delete everything from the cloud..." We'd love to get all the files and folders back onto the laptop vs. being in the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't edit apparently ... was going to add that I have dropbox filled with files that I don't get to often as a redundancy to an external and manually save as needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Okay. Thanks for those tips, but when I focused on your answer here I realize that was back when I was attempting to figure out what was backing up where. I gave up on backing up with dropbox last Christmas. I've saved this in my tech folder should I attempt to do backups with Dropbox again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks Klaus,

This removal of the file helped me as well! Fixed the issue on dropbox immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Five thumbs up!! Definitely the solution... THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines