• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Creative Cloud slowing down my internet completely

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using illustrator for months no problem on my laptop but this week it seems to be killing my internet. I uninstalled creative cloud to prove this theory and internet was fine again. I havent had any windows or adobe updates this week. its totally crippling my internet - i cannot do anything.

i've disabled everything adobe running at startup

there always seems to be creative cloud things running in the background - for instance i always seem to have multiple versions of Adobe CEF Helper running in task manager.

i am not a techy and dont feel comfortable with scripts. i need to get to the root cause of this problem and get it fixed....help! 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you disable file and font sync'g?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exactly the same. My internet is totally crippled for all devices when Adobe CC is running (this includes devices on the same network which don't even have Adobe CC installed).

As soon as I uninstall Adobe CC from the device in questions, the internet works a dream.

I've tested this on both Macs and Windows. When I have Adobe CC working on any computer, it jams the whole internet connection for all devices on that network (via both Wifi and cable).

As soon as I uninstall Adobe CC, everything is fine for all devices.

This has been struggling with this for about 6 months now. It's utterly sapped my well-being in this time, as I cannot do my job properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you disable file and font sync'g?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't no. But I've just paused syncing now. Do you think that could have been the issue?

Could the font syncing be an issue?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test your connection with both file and font paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that seems to have done the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

you can now pinpoint the problematic file/font if you want by reenabling fonts (which was a less likely cause of the problem.  if you're internet still works as expected after doing that. move all the files from your sync folder to another location (so your sync folder is empty), delete your cc web files and reenable syncing.  

confirm all's well with your internet connection.  then start moving files back to your sync folder until you find the culprit (or are able to move them all back) without fouling your connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it really help or it just "seems to have done the work"?

Because it happens way before you can touch any sync settings. It happens when you try to install any application that needs creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jaanust98144115 

if tou see a problem unrelated to any sync (file, font etc) problem:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines