• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe deleted two files I was combining but I stopped midway and now they are gone

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am really freaking out.  I have been creating one long document by combining files and saving them as that document.  Adobe automatically deletes the original files that you combine and saves as the new one.

Today I started doing that, but then it showed the wrong file, so I canceled the combine.  BUT...somehow the two original files I was trying to combine are now deleted, AND I don't have a new, combined version.

I looked in my mac's trash, but apparently that is not where Adobe puts its deleted files.

The tabs that were still open for the ones I was trying to combine showed blank pages and would not let me save them or revert to the older not disappeared version.  Like, revert was not highlighted.

Going to the list of recent documents didn't work because they were gone from that list.

I tried to find the autosaved folder as per a google suggestion, but there wasn't one.

Please, please, please tell me a way to find my two files, especially the big master one I have been compiling for months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 - Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

2 - I always copy important files to an external device to have a backup in case of problems

A usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines