Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://status.adobe.com/products/2948

See the link above. Currently the adobe font service is down.

This means I cannot access fonts that a client has used in their style guide to prep an Indesign file

for mass production.

This isn't just some small IT issue that we should brush off and predict that will subside over time because we trust Adobe.

This is a big picture problem because we are putting our trust into a company to provide a universal service that alters our workflow when dealing with conditions like my own. I am now anable to continue production of a huge order over a FONT issue. Something before a cloud service, was easy to fix by a simple email to the client.

But if a client is relying on the cloud service then guess what, everyone is screwed because ADOBE reinvented the wheel.

If we are being forced into this cloud corner then why should we pay high dollar subscriptions for it!?

This is an outrage and I for one will not stand for it!!! I hope I am speaking for other who are dealing with this issue today. Something needs to change if this is going to continue.

Sincerely,

Dave Earhart

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's certainly a concern, but to be fair, according to Adobe's status page, the downtime was 2 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're being sarcastic, right?  The system was down for 18 or 20 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened yesterday is unconscionable.  Millions of dollars of lost business and man hours among Adobe users.   The suffering Adobe caused it's users is unmeasurable.  

Adobe MUST respond with a system that allows us to store our fonts locally.  But the way the fonts are set up, I can not work if the internet goes down, and worse, I can not work if Adobe goes down.  That is unacceptable.

They also took an insanely long time to repair this catastrophic failure!  Unfathomable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, not sarcasm, though that does of course work really well on the internet. I was going on what Adobe owned up to

TestScreenName_1-1645713635888.png

Perhaps they took 18 hours to discover it and 2 minutes to fix it. And it might not have affected all customers. And it was officially classed as "Minor".  So that's all right then. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines