• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe is losing its essence!

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A portfolio for a designer is his life story. Adobe users shouldn't lose their Behance portfolios for a basic user experience failure like the one I report below.

A brand creates its values and mission to guide its decisions and maintain its essence. Unfortunately, Adobe is forgetting these very valuable basic principles.

I created my Behance account in 2007 before the brand was acquired by Adobe.

I recently purchased a year of Adobe Creative Cloud for Teachers. For this new account, I had to use my teacher's email. This purchase created a new account and a Behance user was automatically added. I don't need a new Behance account added to my Creative Cloud. I confess that in my moment of pure stupidity I got confused and deleted my 2007 Behance account instead of the new Behance CC account.

Realizing my huge mistake I sent a message to Behance and the response was simply:

- we can't recover your account and "Sorry about any inconveniences!". Is not fair I lose 15 years of my professional life (contacts, messages) just like that... 

Adobe's mission statement is “to move the Web forward while also giving Web designers and developers the best tools and services in the world.”

In many companies, it is standard for an account to be recovered after a certain period. Even the most experient professionals can make a silly mistake. I believe that punishing a loyal consumer and promoter of Adobe products to my students is not in line with the mission described above.

Adobe Values: Genuine, Exceptional, Innovative and Involved.

How can Adobe be "INNOVATIVE" if it doesn't have a functionality that is old in the market, like permission to recover an account?!

I don't mean anything to a company like Adobe, however, I am a tiny sign that the company is becoming insensitive and arrogant. Adobe's mission and values cannot be empty words thrown around. I hope the brand doesn't lose its essence!

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. I would request you to please click on the link below & see if that helps - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Tarun,

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
Alves Junior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only life had an UNDO button. 

Anyway, sorry for your loss. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your condolences.

Yes, I feel grieving and sad about what happened.

Best regards,
Alves Junior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines