• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio connect domain - A Record to Adobe Portfolio other A Record to WordPress

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I struggle a bit with Portfolio when it comes to the DNS and domain handling. The funny thing. It worked already, but now I cannot connect my domain anymore.

Desired outcome

mydomain.com -> Adobe Porfolio
mydomain.com/blog -> WordPress

As this seems difficult or maybe not possible

Accepted outcome
mydomain.com -> Adobe Porfolio
blog.mydomain.com -> WordPress

This setting worked without any issues. But I suddenly got warning emails from Adobe and now am not able to connect my domain to Adobe Portfolio anymore. The site is down.

A Record: www -> Adobe IP1

A Record: www -> Adobe IP2

A Record: @ -> Adobe IP1

A Record: @ -> Adobe IP2

A Record: blog -> WordPress Server IP

According to the help article, there should not be any other A Record. Well, how else should I add a subdomain then?
https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/articles/216489627-Manually-configuring-a-custom-domain

Right now, I kicked out all other A Records to keep only the A Record related to Adobe Portfolio. I am still not able to connect my domain again. I probably must wait till propagation finishes. 

A Record: www -> Adobe IP1

A Record: www -> Adobe IP2

A Record: @ -> Adobe IP1

A Record: @ -> Adobe IP2

However, how can I solve this issue permanently? What would be my workaround or solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i moved your message to the correct forum, and while waiting for a more directed answer, make sure you check this message with links to portfolio help https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/adobe-portfolio-helpful-resources/td-p/109939...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines