• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio drop down navigation menu

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am using adobe portfolio and would like to create a drop down navigation menu for one of my pages. Here is the example: I have three pages : Work , Play and About. The work page has three projects. The Play and About page are single pages (not what im concerned about). However, when I click on the work tab I am brought to my home page which lists three projects. When you click a project, obviously you are redirected to that project. Now when on that project page, and you hover over the work tab in the nav bar, nothing happens. When you click it, you are brought back to the home page.  

Is it possible to create a drop down menu in the nav bar that highlights the sub pages within a main page when you hover over it? So im viewing project 1 and i want to view project 2. Rather than clicking work, being redircted to home page, then selecting project 2, I want to hover over work tab in the nav and have the option to select a different project from there..

is this possible with the portfolio app?

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Drop-down navigation is not possible in Portfolio.

Portfolio works best if you have each project on it's own page. Your site's landing page should be the main site gallery containing links to each project as well as your custom pages (about, contact).   By the sound of things, you made Works a Gallery which is not going to work well (no pun intended).  🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really hoping this becomes available soon.. now having to look for another host. this is so basic why doesnt adobe have that option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the link below to make a report or request
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html for everything else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolio does everything it needs to do in the right hands.  But it's not WordPress or Squarespace.  So if you need more than what Portfolio offers freely with your Creative Cloud plan, you'll need to pay for 3rd party hosting and web services.

While Adobe Portfolio does not have its own community forum, most PF users find help in the extensive FAQ & Knowledgebase or  from the dedicated Portfolio Support team who can help you with technical problems.  See links below.
- FAQ & Knowledgebase - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us
- Contact Portfolio Support Team - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Portfolio does everything it needs to do in the right hands." Aside from this very common and essential need for all website creators. Clearly my portfolio is half-baked if there isn't even a support forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A 12 year old can use Portfolio.  It's not that complicated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines