• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio help needed!

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm hoping someone here will be able to help me.

I spent a lot of time putting together a nice online portfolio for myself in Portfolio. The desktop view looks just as I want it. The responsive mobile view however looks terrible! I know this has been mentioned on here by others before and I'm not the first.

Adobe Help have told me there's nothing can be done to make my paras of text which sit above each piece of my design work in the mobile view, wider, which is what I need to happen. They appear too long and skinny at the moment and it looks so bad! 
Adobe say that changing the template will not help either. So what can I do? I just want my text columns to be more than three words wide!
It's not going to make a good impression for me as a graphic designer if I send my portfolio out to clients, looking like this!

If no solution exists within Portfolio then I'd love to hear about other quick and effective workarounds. 
Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks! If I be better moving it then let's do that. I'm keen to get any responses I can. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that message was meant to inform you (and others) that your message was already moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok. So where do I go now to see my replies? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cc services. or the same way you saw my message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Portolio Themes are all responsive & mobile-friendly out of the box.
  • You can't fit 5 pounds of sand into a 1 pound sack.
  • Small screens can't accommodate large amounts of content without breaking to the next line. 
  • That's how responsive web design is supposed to work.

Adjust the zoom level in your browser.  I have no problems with how my Portfolio displays on small screens at normal magnifcation.  You shouldn't either.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/themes

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might help if we could see the alleged problem you're having.  Which Theme you're using. And which devices you're using to test your live site.

Post the URL to your problem page.

Or come back to the web forum and post some screenshots in your reply.  Don't use email to reply. Attachments won't come through.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there
Thanks for your replies. I've been playing around with both views this week adjusting the text column widths for the desktop view to get a compromise with how the text column widths on the mobile view appear and it's looking better now. It's been fiddly to do. Portfolio is not as customisable as I'd like when it comes to presenting text, but I am happy.
Thanks everyone, for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines