• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio issue with custom domain and 2 domain names linking to 1 portfolio

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have two domains - let's say - example.nl and example.com

I have Portfolio setup with custom domain succesfully with example.nl, it works, it loads, all perfect.

Now I have set example.com to redirect to example.nl at my registrar using a '301 redirect', but when I enter example.com in my browser I end up at https://portfolio.adobe.com/missing ...

Can I, or do I need to make extra steps to make both urls working? Or is the DNS / redirect change just really slow? It's been over 20 hours.... but not over 72... 😉 But since it's loading an Adobe page I thought the referral might be working but something else is not...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a redirect would be handled before anything gets to adobe.com, so it's on the registrar's side.  whether they need more time, or not, ask them.

<moved from account, payment & plan>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I setup the DNS records of example.nl per instructions of Adobe Portfolio and it works,

should the same DNS records work for example.com or can only one URL be linked using the DNS instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you set up the redirect with the registrar handling the name that's to be redirected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sjogro,

1. Your domain name registrar will need to redirect example.com to example.nl (redirect fees may apply).

2. You need to modify your A records to send example.nl to your Portfolio IP address.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/209448927-Using-a-custom-domain-with-Adobe-Portfolio

Make sense?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines