Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio - Navigation spacing won't adjust

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I'm trying to adjust the vertical spacing of the items in my navigation. I go to Site-Wide > Media content styles > Navigation > Page titles and adjust the variable just to the right of where you can adjust the font size (not sure exactly what it's called... Line height?)

If I adjust this value down to "18" the vertical spacing of the navigation reduces, but then for any input value lower than 18 (the numbers go down to "10") the spacing just remains the same. It's as if something else is blocking those lower values from having any effect.

This setting will reduce the line height (I'll go with that...) until the lines of text overlap in other areas of my website, so is this a bug in the navigation section or is there indeed something else affecting this adjustment?

Cheers

Raymond

hermanndansa.myportfolio.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is no appropriate forum for Portfolio. Help for Portfolio may be obtained at the links below

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/how-to/create-portfolio-website.html

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/en-us

https://portfolio.adobe.com/themes

https://portfolio.adobe.com/

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Axel 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @RaymandoMoyo,

Your navigation links look fine to me on desktop and mobile.   An adult finger needs a link target that is at least 15px radius with ample space between links for easy access.  What are your concerns exactly?

Radius of Adult Finger Tip PadRadius of Adult Finger Tip Pad

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nancy OShea 

Thanks so much for replying. You may have had a look after I'd worked out what the problem was... The spacing is much better, now 🙂 I'm over at help.myportfolio.com, as Axel suggested, and I'll post my findings there. Just in case another lost soul finds themself here, needing guidance, though...

My issue was that whatever Line Height value I tried to use below 18 in Site-Wide > Media content styles > Navigation > Page titles was having no effect. The vertical spacing between the navigation items stayed big.

I worked out that in the "Margins" tab, which sits next to the "Styles" one in the "Page titles" section of the builder, those values for Margins "Top" and "Bottom" have a huge affect on the spacing on the items in your navigation. I think the default value here for the bottom margin is 15px... That's what it was on and I don't think I'd changed it. Reducing that margin to zero means the Line Height variable functions as you would expect for every value, all the way down to 10.

Why do those margin values affect the spacing of the Navigation items so? It seems like they're adjusting way more than just the margins...

I guess that question isn't for this forum, as Axel correctly pointed out, but that's where I'm at, now... Over at help.myportfolio.com 🙂

Cheers

Raymond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, just remembered it's a regular support ticket kind of affair over at help.myportfolio.com.

So there's not actually a forum anywhere dedicated to Adobe Portfolio, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right.  Portfolio for whatever reason has no forum.  Neither do Behance or Spark. The only support comes from their respective helpdesks.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines