• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio — Social Icons ordering

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to change the order of the Social Icons? For example, I don't want Twitter to appear first in the list. I'd rather have Instagram or Email come first.

I've figured out mainly how these work in Adobe Portfolio, but can't seem to find any order/priority controls.

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

The default order of social icons is what it is.  To be honest, it's not something I'm too concerned about.   Rock, paper, scissors or scissors, paper, rock.  I don't think icon order matters much to most people.

If you want to make a feature request, feel free to submit it to the Portfolio Support Team below.  If it's viable and enough other people ask for it, they may add it to PF eventually.

- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default order of social icons is what it is.  To be honest, it's not something I'm too concerned about.   Rock, paper, scissors or scissors, paper, rock.  I don't think icon order matters much to most people.

If you want to make a feature request, feel free to submit it to the Portfolio Support Team below.  If it's viable and enough other people ask for it, they may add it to PF eventually.

- Contact Portfolio Support - https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/requests/new?ticket_form_id=177168

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your reply, but please check your tone. Saying "I don't think icon order matters much to most people." is fundamentally dismissive, and overlooks the legitimacy of a user observation. The equivalent of Steve Jobs' "you're holding it wrong." ... maybe listen for a hot second. Could be astute, even if it's not common.

I will put in a feature request, and yes, I know it takes a certain groundswell to get attention of developers, but you don't have to rub it in. You should acknowledge this shortcoming in the app without remarking whether or not you are "too concerned" about.

For the record, it stands to reason that if you can change the order the projects in a Collection, you can change the order of social links. The sidebar interface in the Editor is similar. Add grip lines, and there it is. Don't try to gaslight me as some kind of crazy person for even imagining this functionality.

Please do not respond to this thread, the conversation is over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate your reply...

By @scottperezfox

==========

You're welcome 😍

...the conversation is over.

==========

As you wish.  Discussion locked per user's request.

Adobe Support Community Guidelines

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines