• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Portfolio: Why is my portrait phone view page title so small?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm not sure if I'll get a response, but does anybody have a workaround for the problem I'm having with Adobe Portfolio?

I've made my portfolio, and I'm very very happy with it. The only problem with it is, whenever I view it on my phone in portrait aspect, the opening title of my site is tiny - and I mean TINY. 

I've tried all sorts of different workarounds to try and fix the problem, like increasing max-width, and increasing the font size of the title. It works great on every other preview option, except for portrait mobile. So much so that even when I turn my phone to landscape mode, the title is exactly how I want it.

But who looks at things on their phone in landscape orientation? 

I know most of my traffic will primarily be via mobile users, so this is stressing me out a lil. There doesn't seem to be any way to make changes to each individual device preview. Otherwise, this would be a quick fix. 

And another reason why it's annoying is the fact that the title is the only thing that seems to scale down. So it makes it so that my button and social links end up being bigger than the title. So that your eye is immediately drawn to the button or social icons instead of what I want it to be drawn to.

I'm hoping someone can help me find a solution. If it wasn't for this annoying issue, my portfolio would be 100% the way I want it. 

I'm currently using the Lukas theme. I would switch to others to see if the issue remains, but I've spent soooo much time working on customising this theme that I'm reluctant to just up and switch to a different one when the problem may still remain.

Please help! Thanks 🙂 

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

@BK96202,

Short answer:  Smaller text is used to accommodate smaller viewports. There's not enough real estate for big text on small screens.

That's a design decision determined by your Theme's global styles.  Different Themes have different styles & options.  Currently there are 12 Themes to choose from.   You may compare Themes and decide for yourself which Themes you like best. But all Themes are built to perform well on small, medium and large devices (aka responsive web design) out of the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BK96202,

Short answer:  Smaller text is used to accommodate smaller viewports. There's not enough real estate for big text on small screens.

That's a design decision determined by your Theme's global styles.  Different Themes have different styles & options.  Currently there are 12 Themes to choose from.   You may compare Themes and decide for yourself which Themes you like best. But all Themes are built to perform well on small, medium and large devices (aka responsive web design) out of the box.

Compare Themes &  Features

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035995733-Themes-features

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360035496294-Comparing-themes

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lukas Theme looks fine to me on small screen.  Are you using a Masthead?

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am finding this hugely frustrating too. The UI design should not be this bad - especially coming from such a company. All my 'headings' within the theme are absolutely tiny on mobile size and the margins between content is far too large. I hate the fact there isn't any way to personlise the mobile view. The response below in regards to not having enough real estate for big text on small screens is rediculous - there is no excuse why the headings can't scale to an appropriate and legible size. People shouldn't have to just keep switching between themes to find one that works - they should all work and all be responsive and Adobe people keep claiming they are, but they aren't the minute you try to change the settings and customise your sizing of elements. Pretty poor considering how much people pay for the suite. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines