Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All Apps Keep Crashing

Guide ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we go again. 

Yesterday I had to sign in to Creative Cloud every time I opened either Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom and Bridge.

Then I received the Activation Limit warning - although both PCs listed are the same PC I'm trying to log in with.  It says last launched 2 years ago!  Strange, because I've been using these apps fairly solidly for the past 2 years. I cleared the activated computers via my account settings.

Today, every app is again requiring a sign in.  Once successfully signed in, they crash after about 10 seconds.

Why oh why is this a recurring problem?   Can anyone please definitevely tell me the reason for it.  Thanks.

Screenshot 2021-08-30 161424.jpg

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon-M-Spear, what changed on the computer recently? Was the security software updated?  Did you recently run a disk optimization utility?  Please try signing out and back in using the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, no recent security updates nor configuration / hardware changes that I can detect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Jon.  Were there any changes after you signed out and back in?  If you still are unable to activate the apps, then please implement the solutions listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html. Also, please record and post any errors you encounter while completing the solutions applicable for the operating system installed on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, it is now behaving itself.  I signed out, rebooted and all is well for the moment.  My account is showing only one activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, Jon!  Would you please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html in case the behavior happens again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that didn't last 24 hours.  I had to sign in to Creative Cloud again this morning. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGAIN!  This is getting ridiculous now!

Devices.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AND AGAIN!

Screenshot 2021-09-11 103426.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, sorry that you continue to encounter activation problems.  As previously discussed, I would recommend reviewing the use of any security or utility software that is installed on the computer.  Something is periodically removing or damaging files on the computer, leading to the errors you are encountering.

If you would like assistance with the process, then please begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  The only security/utilities running are Windows Defender & Firewall and Acronis True Image.  

Microsoft does update its system security patches quite often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon. I tried looking up Acronis, and it looks to be either disk image or cyber home protection software.  Which version of Acronis are you using?  

Have you contacted Acronis to verify the software is not affecting the digital certificates within the Windows Credential Manager?  If you can provide more information about what you are using Acronis for, it would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acronis True Image 2020.  I am using it purely as back-up.  The back-up schedules do not coincide with Creative Cloud  having a hissy fit!

No, I haven't spoken with the company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, please do contact Acronis, Jon. Anything that has the ability to modify or remove files could be causing the current activation errors.

Our software is not designed to be copied/imaged, which could lead to unexpected behavior.  Perhaps verify that Acronis is only making a backup and is not writing anything back to the drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I am making very specific back-ups of folders on non-system drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry then, Jon; I don't have any additional suggestions other than to encourage you to work directly with our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html. Additionally, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html if you need to make any updates to the support case while the cause of repeatedly hitting the activation limit is researched.

Alternately, if you do not wish to take any additional actions, you can use the process listed in http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/cancel-membership-subscription.html to cancel your membership. If an early termination fee is applied, please begin a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that the fee can be waived due to your inability to use the membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines