• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any way to transfer cc libraries to a different owner?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any way to transfer cc libraries to a different owner?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Hi Zjoerdje​,

You can find the import/export from the context menu of CC Libraries.

Best,

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 10.28.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi shumway,

you can use share option : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/collaboration.html#collaborate_libraries

i hope can help

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. Can ownership of a library be transfer to another users? We're moving our current CC account to a different one. This will probably delete the library on the old account unless we can find a way to move it over.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Assets site at https://assets.adobe.com you can use Send Link and Save To Creative Cloud to copy an entire Library over to a different account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

Thank you for the message. I know you can share and collaborate library but what would happen if the account was deleted where the library was create?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Collaborate and the owner delete the Library then it will gone. If you make a copy of the Library using the combination of Send Link and Save To Creative Cloud then you have your own independent copy.

So you could use this to move the Library over to the new owner and then have the new owner do a Collaborate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Thanks Ken! You been a great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this seems to be the same as make a copy and ask people to collaborate...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2016 Jul 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I need to become owner of some folders of a colleague that's leaving the company. The folder is shared among 29(!) users.

Is there a way to transfer his ownership to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2016 Jul 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the big question is; How does copying a library affect linked assets?  If you have hundreds of assets in library and they are linked in many documents...  Then you share, copy and then disconnect the original library.  Is there an easy way to re-link all of the assets to the new library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.ian.smith​ thank you. that is the big question.

I found this: Migrate assets using Adobe Creative Cloud, but still not quite the answer to re-linking a library in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same observation. I think this is in fact the most central issue here.

I should had this reply as it is very similar to my reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you handle the files that are linked to the original location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ken,

What happens to all the linked files? Would you have to relink them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2018 Apr 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ken G. Rice

You got some unanswered questions here. Can you please advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Justin,

This summer we will be releasing a feature that will allow you to export an existing Library and import it under your user ID or any other user ID. This will allow you to export Libraries that you don't own and import them under your user ID, By using Import/Export of Libraries all element links will be preserved.

In the future we hope to introduce the concept of Owners, but in the meantime this new feature should solve the need of changing Library ownership.

Best,

Fernando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't really solve the fundamental need though.

You can quickly add levels of editing, so from a user perspective, it seems like it should be easy to co-own and/or change ownership.

This becomes particularly aggravating when it's a larger team and adding all of them back into a library they were already a part of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

This seems like its making a simple concept into something complex and not very functional for the end-user.

That's what we get when they people coding it probably don't really use the software in the design field. Designers and Coders work and think differently, so who are they making this for? Not the designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a date on when this expected functionality is going to be released.  We have many students that are going to have to migrate their CC assets and libraries to a new ID and I need to provide instructions or a link in our support portal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should expect this new feature in mid June.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

It is now the end of June... when do you expect this feature to be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's taking a bit longer than what we expected because we had an issue with our latest release, but we have been working on fixing it. Hopefully you will see this new feature in the context menu of the Libraries panel early next week.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it turns out that we have the same problem in our company. We would like to change the owner of a library in order not to lose the original links. This ticket is more than 2 years old. I guess the functionality is now developed but I still can't find the way to change the owner of a library. Can you help us? The situation is quite critical I must admit.
Thanks to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly think it's still not possible. I haven't been able to figure it out or find a straight answer. It's frustrating and I really wish adobe had better support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still a problem that you cannot pass the ownership of a library to another user.

We used to use have personal adobe id's in our company, now we must use the enterprise id, which means all shared libraries belong to an account with no paid profile and no space. We really need a way to transfer the ownership of shared libraries to other accounts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines