• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

APSB20-68 for Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application - how to apply?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Adobe Creative Cloud app installed on my Windows 8.1 Professional (x64) system.

I am running version 5.2.1.441 of ACC -- which, ac. to the Adobe ACC release notes, seems to have been released 07/30/2020 (mandatory release)

I see that on 10/20/2020 Adobe released the APSB20-68 Security update for Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application.

They say APSB20-68 applies to version 5.2 -- and that the updated version is 5.3

Here's the glitch: when I do a Help :: Check for Updates in ACC it says there are no updates available.

How can this be when the APSB20-68 writeup say that version 5.2 contains a "critical vulnerability that could lead to arbitrary code execution"

How come ACC tells me their is no update available?

Thanks.

-RD

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see -- that is also likely why my Windows 10 Professional (x64) box seems to be updated automatically!

Thank you -- I will read those links now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 8.1 is still supported by Microsoft, with security updates provided until January 2023, so it's not dead.

I just installed Acrobat DC Pro on a Windows 8.1 PC and it installed the known vulnerable version 5.2.1.441 Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop along with it.  Adobe says Acrobat DC Pro is supported on Windows 8.1, so what does Adobe mean by supported if they install known vulnerable software with it that appears to have no available security update?  Add to that the recent APSB21-18 that adds three more unpatched CVE's to Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop.

What am I missing here?  Does Adobe support Acrobat DC Pro on Windows 8.1 or not?  If they do, then what does Adobe mean by supported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines