• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I keep 2019 CC and uninstall 2020?

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two windows 10 machines, one at home and one at my office. I work back and forth between both machines.

My office still uses 2019 and the admins there have not installed 2020, and apparently do not want to. Creative Cloud auto-installed 2020 on my home machine, and I would like to not use it and use CC 2019 instead, so that the work is compatible with my office machine.

Is there anyway to uninstall the 2020 versions and go back to 2019 CC and stay there?

Thank you for any help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can uninstall 2020 from the CC app and then install the previous versions, if you have both versions installed it would be best to uninstall 2019 first and then uninstall 2020 and then reinstall 2019, that way it should not cause issues with file associations

2019-12-31 14_34_25-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Also turn off this option in the Creative Cloud preferences if it's enabled

2019-12-31 14_37_13-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - i might try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall option seems to have been removed on 2020 (v.24.02), the worst version yet, performance wise.
How do we unistall this spinning ball version and go back to to 2019 version? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew.

Every since this install was basically forced on me one night while I slept, I've been plagued with "coresync" issues when I try to shut down as well. 

I have it set so that most files will open with the 2019 version, but some, I cannot - such as EPS - they will always open with the 2020 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out being able to install older versions in CC is a setting you can toggle on and off. 
CC Settings / Apps / Show Older Apps. 
Going to reinstall the older version till they get this version working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines