• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I move all of my synced documents, folders, subfolders onto the cloud?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a CC subscription since 2015. I started out using the cloud storage as it was set up then. When the new "cloud documents" were introduced, I saw no way to move all my files, which are myriad and intricately organized, onto "cloud documents" at once, so I never use it.

I recently upgraded my computer, but it has a smaller hard drive than my last. Tonight, I tried to upgrade my iOS, but I was unable to because I don't have enough disk space free. When I look at what is eating up all my space, it is my CC image files.

How can I make my files stop taking up all my disk space, without deleting them? Can I migrate them to "cloud documents" (one-by-one is NOT an option)? If I do, will they still take up the same amount of disk space?

If I keep the documents as "synced files," is there a way to have a smaller fraction of them readily accessible on my computer and taking up space, while the rest stay on a cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud storage is not a replacement for ample hard disk space.  I suggest you get a bigger hard drive or buy an external drive to store your work and data files.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Cloud" pretty much means "takes up space somewhere else than on your hard drive." If all the files need to be on my hard drive, why am I paying Adobe to store them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud is a file sync service for collaborating with colleagues and other devices.  It is NOT a dedicated cloud backup service like DropBox or Google Drive.  

Suffice it to say that if you value your work files, you should have them stored on your hard drive as well as a dedicated backup system. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines