• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I pause syncing and delete the files from my local drive and still have my files on the cloud?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 98GB of Creative Cloud files on my local drive. I can no longer use Photoshop because the local drive is nearly completely full because of Creative Cloud not being an actual useful cloud service. Photoshop pays my bills. Creative Cloud is affecting my life financially if I cannot use the tools I'm paying for. Someone please let me know if I'm able to free up space by pausing syncing and deleting the files off my local drive. I can just manually upload/download files when I need them. Thanks.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank  you for posting your query here.

Please be informed that the files that are saved in the "Creative Cloud Files" Local folder in your computer are by default Synced with your Cloud storage.

If you do not wish files to sync from your Cloud storage to Local computer please follow the following steps to Turn Off file syncing :  Select the gear icon in the upper right, and then select Preferences. In the Files tab, select Sync On/Off.

You may then Sign in to : assets.adobe.com and Sign in with your Adobe ID and Save the files on Cloud folder directly. 

You may as well refer to the help article : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sync-creative-cloud-files.html#Whatisfilesyncing 

Hope it helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your prompt response. My concern is that there is no longer an On/Off option for syncing, only Pause/Resume.

I've read it's possible for it to resume randomly in the future. Would this cause my cloud folder to sync with my empty local drive, rendering my cloud storage to be wiped? Or would it begin to download everything in my cloud back on my local drive?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines