• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I specify which folders sync on a particular device?

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use files and folders between my desktop and laptop (Surface Book). However, I have considerably less storage on the laptop, so would like to have a work in progress folder that does sync and have the rest as on-demand folders, where I can download files if I need to. 

This is something I can do (and do for my other business) with Microsoft's One Drive and works really well. I have a 'Work in progress' folder that is always kept up-to-date, and then the rest of the files and folders are visible, but are not physically stored on the laptop. 

I can't find any settings for Creative Cloud other than having sync on or off and where the synced files get stored. Is it not possible to do the same thing with Creative Cloud? 

I guess I can do a workaround of using the One Drive storage instead for work in progress, but I'd much rather use CC, if it's possible. 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, there's no control beyond determining what you want to sync and what you don't want to sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines