• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not open Illustrator cloud document !!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have a problem opening my cloud illustrator documents.

I tried opening from the Creative Cloud > Your work > Cloud documents > Download, to export it locally, to restart and update the software and my computer.

But nothing works. Is there another way to get my files? It is urgent files I need. Thank you very much!
TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go directly to your cloud storage online?

https://assets.adobe.com

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I does not work neither. I tried "export locally" from there but nothing. Also "download" does not work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on 12-3-2020. Did you figure out a fix? Just wondering... Thanks, Todd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I still can't access those files. Had to do it over again...

And when contacting the customer service, the guy just told me to do the steps I already did. In the end, he told me to restart my computer and just closed the conversation...So very not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem too.

One of my illustrations will not open or download from the cloud.

I has a support ticket open but they closed it down after 48hrs with no solution.

Customer support is terrible, when i contacted support again they told me there is no ETA and i have to wait.

In future i'll be saving my work locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In future i'll be saving my work locally."

==============

Which you should always, always do regardless and with dedicated backups just in case.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's rather difficult when you can no longer access, open or download the file that has literally just saved to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so you agree that Adobe cloud is unreliable? Why do we pay for this service? I thought it would be more relaibel than local storage. I have 4 months of work I cant access. No ETA of when it will be resolved. When I pushed further, the customer service rep said he checked and I would not ever have access to those files, but will have access to future files that I save. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. Adobe engineers fix bugs. Why arent they fixing this??? Leaving thousand sof people in the lurch with no way to access their work????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with that, it's so frustrating to pay for that, lose all of your work and get zero support...It would just be better for Adobe to remove this cloud thing from the functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an unhelpful answer, yes we should always make backups of our work - but the whole point of the cloud is to be able to save and retrieve documents from said broken cloud.

I have a similar experience (I have too raised with adobe) where I cannot work from one device (ie. my macbook) and then access them on another (ie. my iMac), I am using both AI 2020 and AI 2021 on both devices (I have a plotter machine that I export to directly which does not yet support AI2021) and no matter which combo of saving on whichever version of software/device I create or work on, can I then retrieve on the other. Sometimes I have had some luck quitting and restarting both computers or using the assets, but I might as well just save locally or use a third party cloud service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me is to duplicate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicating the file helped for me aswell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I duplicate a file in Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the document and hit duplicate. Once it syncs, you can open up the new document. Don't know why this works, but it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really thought I'd tried that, but obviously not...

It worked, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved me mate, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines