Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't change CC folder location - unable to create the CC Files Folder

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since my CC folder starts to clog my SSD I wanted to change the directory to a different HDD.

I found the option and when I pressed the button it gave me an error saying:

"Unable to create the Creative Cloud Files Folder at.... (new location at a different HDD).

Does anyone have a solution for this?

12345.PNG

With kind regards,

Artur

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Hello, I just wanted to give my work around to the problem I had in case someone has something similar.

What I did is back up all of my files from the cloud, deleted everything from the cloud and then changed folder location.

Now the new location works and I just copied back there the files I needed, I guess Creative Cloud had some troubles transferring some of my files there automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artur,

Could you try just specifying the root of the E: drive and see if it is able to create a Creative Cloud Files folder there?

Thanks.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately, the same error occurs again but it just ends as follows:

Unable to create the CC folder at E:\.

-Artur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still couldn't find a solution to this....

-Artur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay Artur. I tested the E drive on my system and it worked okay. Does turning File Sync off temporarily make any difference? Are you on Windows or Mac? Is the E drive an external drive? Do all other drives other than the SSD fail?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Regarding your questions:

- I have tried it already with the file sync on and off.

- I am on Windows 10.

- The E drive is not an external drive.

- I could not check that since I currently only have 2 drives on this PC- my SSD (disk C) and a normal HDD (Disk E).

With kind regards,

Artur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artur,

Thanks for the additional info. My inclination is that the issue must somehow be related to user permissions. To that end could you try these:

• Try creating a new administrative account and see if the same issue occurs there.
  • Try turning off any antivirus software temporarily and see if the issue still occurs.
  • Right click on and get properties on the Creative Cloud app and launch using the Run as Administrator option
  • Right click on and get properties on the Creative Cloud app and ensure that it is not set to run in any kind of compatibility mode

Please let me know if these help,

Best,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just wanted to give my work around to the problem I had in case someone has something similar.

What I did is back up all of my files from the cloud, deleted everything from the cloud and then changed folder location.

Now the new location works and I just copied back there the files I needed, I guess Creative Cloud had some troubles transferring some of my files there automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my computer started doing all of a sudden and in the process, the folder on my computer disappeared, so there's no folder to copy or backup on my end.  However, when I go to my online files, there's no way to bulk download them.  I can download them one at a time, but that's not going to happen with as many as I have.    I might just have to abandon all of my online files.  But when you say you just deleted everything from the cloud, did the app recognize that and then just start allowing you to change the location of the folder in preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just wanted to say thanks and that this was the only work around i could find to fix this. I had CC synced to my C: drive and wanted to move it to a larger volume but it would not move it when there was any files inside the folder. I backed them up, mass deleted and was able to shift its location, cheers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines