Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't connect and verify subscription

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a serious problem, and the tech support staff won't help me because I have older versions of the programs because I have Windows 7.  I have Premiere Pro 2018, and everything was working correctly until my computer needed a new motherboard.  When my computer was returned to me, Adobe Creative Cloud couldn't connect to servers, so I had to use the trial version of Premiere Pro to complete my work.  Now the trial has expired, Premiere Pro can't verify my subscription, and today Creative Cloud won't even launch.  I need to fix this ASAP, and like I said above the tech support staff won't help so please don't tell me to contact them again.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 🙂

Yesterday I said Creative Cloud wouldn't launch at all.  Today it's just doing this:  "Unable to reach Adobe servers.  Please check your firewall settings, ensure the time settings on your computer are correct, and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention I have windows 7, and I have checked my firewall and time settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which steps have you taken to fix the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting the app and got the same error.  I tried repairing it with the tool, that didn't work, it says the server is not responding.  I really don't want to uninstall anything because Premiere Pro is the older version and tech support won't help me if something goes wrong.  I shouldn't have to do any of this because nothing was done to the hard drive or any of the programs when my computer was in the shop, they only replaced the motherboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
  2. In the Control Panel, click Programs. ...
  3. Select Default Programs.

note your default web browser.  then check the tls 1.2 is enabled on that default browser, https://help.hotschedules.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020184072-Release-Notes-TLS-Enabling-TLS-1-2-on-w...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said in the other replies to my post, I did that a long time ago.  I just checked it now and yes it is still enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my computer was returned, I noticed that the wired network connection wasn't working.  So I thought "fine, I'll just use the wifi connection".  Could that have something to do with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that depends on what's causing the ethernet failure.  did you check if ethernet is enabled on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not enabled, it's not even listed as an available network connection.  There seems to be a driver problem with the ethernet connection on this motherboard, and Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are end of life now.  You need to update Win7 and enable TLS 1.2 connections otherwise you can't connect with Adobe's servers.  Run the Microsoft EasyFix.msi for Win7 described below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer has all updates, and tls 1.2 was enabled a long time ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vburke14,

Did you run the MS EasyFix.msi and restart your computer yet?  EasyFix sends an update to Win7 registry files.  I ask only because everyone I've talked with who thought TLS 1.2 was enabled said EasyFix took care of their problem.  Give it a try.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Failing that, feel free to reach out to tech support.  But wait times may be longer than usual.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try it in the morning.  But I'm pretty sure it was done a long time ago.  I already tried tech support and they refused to help me because I don't have Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have an ethernet port?  not all motherboards have one, but if there is one, your new motherboard obviously supports it: google your motherboard and how to enable ethernet lan or yes, you may need a win 7 compatible driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's fixed!  Yay!  I wonder what caused it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well, changing your motherboard is a pretty likely cause. what fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines