• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't move CC Files Sync Folder

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2015 Sep 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and am having some issues managing my sync folder.

In the Creative Cloud app, I went into the preferences menu and, under the Files tab, chose to move the CC Synced files to a different drive so as not to clog up my solid state C drive. Now, It won't sync them.  In the Files tab of the preferences menu, all I get is a blank white screen.  In the Files tab of the Assets tab on the main screen, I get an error message:  Unable to load Sync location. 

When I was working in Windows 7, I was able to move the sync folder to the correct drive with no problem. Could this be a bug in the new operating system?

Thanks, everyone!

-Charlie

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2015 Sep 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Could you send us your log files so that we can investigate further?

Please install and run the log collection tool following the instructions on this page:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please email the logs to syncforum-communication@adobe.com

Thank you,

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

I checked out your log files and can see you have the Creative Cloud Files folder located at F:\Creative Cloud Files. I take it this is a separate drive to the drive Windows 10 is installed on. this could be a case of permissions after upgrading to Windows 10. Could you check your file/folder permissions on F:\Creative Cloud Files?

Are you able to sync file to F:\Creative Cloud Files ok?

Thanks

Warner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so when I try to change the permissions to allow full control either to Administrator or Users it says "Failed to enumerate object in the container.  Access is denied."  I get the same error when I try to take ownership of the folder, or the drive itself.

Hmm, maybe this is something I should get with a windows person on.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alrighty, so I got past that annoying error message.  For anyone else having the same issue, I found a good walk through here: Failed To Enumerate Objects In The Container

However, that still has not fixed my issue.  I just took ownership as my username.  Now I'll try taking ownership as the Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.  No matter what object gets ownership and permissions for that folder, I'm still getting the same problems in the CC app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Charlie,

I'm sorry that you are still encountering problems.  I've got some questions to help us trouble shoot further:

• Is the target drive an external or a network drive?
  • Does trying to move the CC Folder back to the original drive work? If so could we ask you to try to move it back to the target drive and send us in some new log files?

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines