• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't permanently delete files from my creative cloud storage

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need some help with permanent deletion of files. 

I'm feeling really frustrated. Space needs to be freed up so I can cancel my extended 1TB subscription to the cloud and hopefully have a little space to breathe from the 100gig allowance, at least for a bit...  

I have thousands of files into my cloud library deleted files, not in the cloud desktop, but on the web.  I've been trying for days, some deleted, some give an error.  The browser also crashes if I select too many.   

In the deleted files tab, I select files, hit delete permanently and I keep getting an error that says:  

"Cannot delete ___ assets permanently because someone has restored them."

I also deleted all of the photos in my cloud based lightroom and then went in to permanently delete, they deleted fine, but for some reason, they didn't free up any diskspace, even though there were 15,000 photos, any reason why this could happen?    I thought maybe this would free up enough space that i didn't have to mess with the files that were giving me deletion errors.  

I need a way to delete these files.  

Thanks for any insight you may have

carrie

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleted files won't clear storage until they're deleted from the deleted files folder (which i know is causing a problem for you).

ntl, you should select a page of files via your web browser and delete.  if that fails, try a different set of files.  

if you continue to have problems, try a different web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course.... this is what i have done. 

Everything i am trying to delete is from the deleted files, including the photos, which are not actually in the recently deleted web cloud, they are just gone and no space was cleared by those, at all.  

How many devices should I have to try?

• On my phone, images were deleting, but need to be selected one by one and i will NOT spend days doing this.
  • On my ipad, none of the images were deleting, it just would scroll me back to the top.
  • Edge browser crashes and I get an error.
  • Chrome crashes if I select more than 200 and half of those end up not deleting, but it doesn't keep my spot or show me which images didn't delete out of the selection.

Should i have to do all of this and spend days selecting 1000's of files one by one to make something usable that I have paid 70+ dollars Cad per month for the last 10 years?  I may as well just download my libraries and create a new account on a intro discount instead, which is what my next step will be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.

if you want to see if adobe support can help you, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't.  I already looked at that. I always try to help myself before coming into a forum and asking others.

I am IN the deleted items section, i know i must delete the files twice, the problem is, now that the files are in the deleted folder, I am getting the error that says someone restored the files after i attempt to delete them.  The photos from lightroom, they were deleted from the cloud version of lightroom from the folders and next the deleted folder. 

I live with two IT professionals that have also given me suggestions, I actually have already uninstalled the entire cloud, including ALL applications because i had to to uninstall it. reinstalled it, cleared my browser cache, used cc cleaner and did a malware scan and the same problem is happening, i get an error trying to delete files.

This is NOT a me problem, this is a service problem. There is something in the back-end holding my personal files hostage on the adobe server even though i am wanting to delete them and that is not acceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue - can't delete files permanently even from the stupiud help link they offer - -someone has restored is the error and I am the only one and I have not restored and .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. For months now I've tried and recieved the same stupid message every time. In the archived deleted section I select any file and it consistenly says it cannot delete the files. Meanwhile I keep getting messages from Adobe that I've run out of space and I need to upgrade my storage. NO I just need you to let me delete what I have. I don't need more than 100GB of Adobe storage, that's what I have Dropbox for. Somebody please throw me a bone here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support per my previous message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just downloaded CC and am already experiencing the same problem. I have a large number of photos and some how most have automatically been transferred to CC. I now have done everything to delete them - as all you have done. Even the Deleted folder. But still get the message my initial 20 GB have been used up. This is not a good experience of Adobe and it's unhelpful help pages. Still have time to delete subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Gil - Solihull, then contact adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contacting support is a joke,  they don't give you answers and it takes a long time. 

I just went hunting in the forum again because this prompted me to look and i found this, so thanks for asking your question and reminding me i am still paying extra to store deleted files i don't want.  

logon to with your Adobe ID https://assets.adobe.com/deleted?flags=delete_all 

TADA, this provides a one click option to delete. So far, it appears to be working, says my assets are being deleted and to check back later.  This is how it should be, it should't be hidden and hard to find.. if we want to delete our own data, it should be HASSLE FREE.  *fingers crossed it actually does what it says

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be a good tip, if it works.  can you report the results when you think enough time has elapsed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came back to report, I checked the status and the delete all button was false hope, files are still hostages to the adobe cloud.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I completely agree. Support is a complete waste of time. I've litteraly spent hours on the phone with them. They have never solved this for me and I've been dealing with it for over a year. Don't waste your time. 

If anyone else has success PLEASE let us know!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dbattle28, did you try @carriestephens's suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it. I've tried in the pasts and always recieved an erros message. Hoping it works this time!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did it seem to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the follow-up.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com....

p.p.s you can also use phone (but chat is usually quicker), https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've tried both before and both times they wasted my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the adobe rep try (and fail) to delete your files (as opposed to trying to fix the problem so you can delete your files)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. They kept me in the line for hours while they tried to do it themselves. They took over my screen and tried. Nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they actually just leave you hanging or tell you they would come up with a solution and get back to you?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't recall for sure, I bleive they said they would try to fix it and get back to me. It's been over a month since I last contacted them. I've been doing this for a year now and they haven't solved any issue. So it's kind of moot point. Yes they left me hanging but yes they told me they'd get back to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines