• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you download an entire folder or must you download individual files?

New Here ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can upload an entire folder to the CC easily.  Can full contents of the folder be download at once, or must the files be downloaded individually?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the web application at https://assets.adobe.com you can upload multiple files, but not folders. You can only download a single file at a time. File syncing will let you upload folders.

Ways to work around this are to use file sync in conjunction with Collaborate or Send Link (plus Save to Creative Cloud). Any files from a collaboration will be downloaded to the Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer if you are using file syncing. If someone shares a folder public link with Download enabled then you can use Save to Create Cloud to copy the folder to your files. The folder and it's file will then sync down to your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice this is from 2015, but is the website improved by any chance the possibility to download a folder, as it is possible in dropbox, google drive and many other similar file storage services? It is really cumbersome having to temporarily install a desktop app in guest computers just for the sake of getting some files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is infuriating. I'm on an island without service. Briefly found some and need all files on my harddrive. But there isn't even a "make offline" type option in finder on the files to make sure they're not uploading the majority of the files. It is terrible UX. I'm in shock that Adobe would go so far to do this. And for what purpose? We're using the cloud regardless. Hold on, let me just download the thousand image and hundreds of video files one at a time. Particularly the files in Cloud Documents I need to not be. For like a week. Insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i sympathize, especially having wasted 10 days when i faced a similar problem years ago

my solution, since that problem, is to prep for trips before leaving my reliable high speed home internet connection:  ie,

1. download everything you think you might need, and then download more. 

2. open every adobe app you think you might want to use, and then open more.  leave the apps open (minimized) so you don't have any sign-in issues (which are impossible to resolve with an internect connection).

i know that doesn't help you while you're on that island, but you need not face this ever again.  ie, next time, plan ahead.

p.s. cc web services serve a certain pupose (mostly for file collaboration).  but for many purposes a vanilla (drop box, google drive, one drive etc) cloud storage is better.  nevertheless, my prevacation recommendation still holds for those services, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to download most things I'll need through my cell data lol, from the top of the island. I used dropbox and google drive before for years and they have just gotten worse and worse. Adobe cloud seems to sync better, but seems problematic if we can't even select an option to keep the file downloaded on the computer. I think I can on my iPad, but that doesn't solve everything, nor is it any faster. I will definately remember in the future! Though I feel like I'm going to have so many duplicate files now 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is infuriating. I'm on an island without service. Briefly found some and need all files on my harddrive. But there isn't even a "make offline" type option in finder on the files to make sure they're not uploading the majority of the files. It is terrible UX. I'm in shock that Adobe would go so far to do this. And for what purpose? We're using the cloud regardless. Hold on, let me just download the thousand image and hundreds of video files one at a time. Particularly the files in Cloud Documents I need to not be. For like a week. Insane. 

By @Sean August Horvath

All data is constantly synched to your cloud and hard disk. I suppose, even the library and other “hidden” data is constantly synched and available when offline. As Adobe files can be huge, anything other would be impractical.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire file is not synced. Is there an option to keep all files synced completely? I don't have a need to save space, I have plenty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

every file in you local sync folder should be sync'd to one part of adobe's cc web files, and files added/removed from adobe's sync folder on your cc web page should sync with your local files.

are you saying there are some local files that didn't sync to adobe's web files?  or vice-versa - something changed on the web but not changed locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I set up a new computer for me, it takes a day or two to synch all my data. And contrary to Office Cloud, where you can choose to keep data in the cloud and not on your computer, Creative Cloud synchronizes all the data completely on all my computers, and that's why I use CC for data that is needed on all my computers, including my Laptop, which I synch well before I travel into the internet desert.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines