• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot see the files I uploaded in a specific folder

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a folder in which I uploaded a certain number of jpg files.  But it shows a limited number of them, say, the first 50 files and then all the other files I uploaded I see the message of the upload being successful but in the list of files in this folder I cant see them.  I still can see the first 50 files and nothing else.  What could cause this problem ?

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Hi Fdormoy,

I wondered if the two issues might be somehow related. If you attempt to change the location of the Creative Cloud files folder again to a different location on the external drive does that work?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fdormoy,

I was curious what process you went through when uploading the batch of jpegs? Did you upload them through a browser or was this using the Creative Cloud application and file syncing. I haven't heard of this before.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My process is that, I have a Creative Cloud folder created in the hard drive.  Iny hard drive I have stored the pictures I wanted in a specific sub-folder.  When I added additional files, I noted that the sync function was working.  But when looking at the web view, I could not see these new slides, even 24 hours later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now I have another problem.

I managed in the recent past to install the Creative Could Folder in my external drive.

In the Preference of the Creative Cloud App, in the Install Location, it specifies the external drive in which the folder is installed. And I have plenty of sub-folders in it.

When I go to Preferences, in Both Apps menu and Files Menu, both show the files location being Creative Cloud folder created in my external drive.

But when I go into Assets and Files, and I click on Open Folder, it goes to another Creative Cloud folder that it automatically created in my MacBook internal drive, under the User folder.  And of course, when clicking on Open folder, it shows nothing.  I do not want this Creative Cloud folder created in my laptop.  I do want it in my external drive.

So there seem to be a conflict and the Adobe App forces me to set the Creative Cloud folder in my laptop.  I dont know how to prevent this to happen.  Why the app recognises the files location to be in my external drive and then when I click Open folder, it automaticall creates a Creative Cloud folder in my laptop in the User folder ???.

I am really lost.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fdormoy,

I wondered if the two issues might be somehow related. If you attempt to change the location of the Creative Cloud files folder again to a different location on the external drive does that work?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... it seemed to work yesterday.  So I have no longer a Creative Cloud folder created in my laptop.  But when I added files in a new folder yesterday in the Creative Could folder in my external drive which is synced to the cloud, I was expecting these files to be shown when I choose to display "view on web" instead of "Open folder".  But this new folder I created yesterday is not shown in the "view on web", even 24 hours later.

I am really confused and wondering if it is worthwhile to subscribe to this service when things do not work properly on my side.  I am still searching on what I am doing wrong and why most people dont have these problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact, for a reason that I do not know, the app is having the same problem as before.  That is, it creates systematically a creative File folder under the User folder of my laptop.  Every time I remove it, it crates it again a few seconds later.

The App default folder recognised by the App is my external Drive.  But under the file thumbnail, it shows a blank box when I want to specify thet it should be in the external drive.  I did not have this problem before.

So can I have help please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines