Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Files are not syncing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Monterey 12.2

Our team use a shared "Studio" folder on CC to work. This Monday, I came to work to find the "Studio" folder gone from CC and in my Bin. I restored it and let it resync into the system. 

Then I found out that whilst the rest of the files are "synced", any files that other team members uploaded yesterday and today are not appearing in my finder folder. When I checked the CC web "Shared with you" folder, the shared folder "Studio" folder was in there but under Your Files > "Synced files" there is another "Studio" folder that is not shared and only I can access. I presume this non shared "Studio" folder is the one that I can view on finder. How can I access the "Shared with you" folder from finder? Before this weekend, I could always access the shared folder normally but all of the sudden this changes and now the new files are not accessible from finder? 

I tried talking to support, they did what I had done i.e. restarting Adobe, reinstalling Adobe & I even asked my manager to kick me out of the system and get me back in. Nothing changes, my coworker had the same issue and followed the exact same steps and it was resolved. I'm at a loss and the pile of work I need to do is mounting and support hasn't been helpful. 

TOPICS
Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

UPDATE

This issue is now resolved, if anyone experiences this issue you have to escalate this to Adobe Support. They collected logs from my computer & I assumed they found the issue & fixed it but there is no real cause or user troubleshooting that I can pin down as resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with our team's shared folders. We noticed our shared folders moved to the bin over the weekend and have tried to resync and it just keeps getting moved into the Shared With You folder again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly what happened to me. I'm at a stage where the file sync is starting and a second Studio folder was created that seems to be reflecting the shared with you folder. fingers crossed this doesnt get deleted again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I've had this exact same thing happen. It happened to me on Friday. They did what they could and have escalated it but I cannot get an answer out of them. I managed to get the files to start syncing my getting my account owner to remove and add me back into the shared 'Studio' folder and it started to sync, got to about 40k of 80k files and then I went away for a few hours and it had just stopped and removed all the files again. Managed again, to do some steps and start that process again, and then AGAIN it's stopped it and I'm stuck with no shared files...

I am sure you can understand that using the web assets folder is utterly useless. Having to download single files is pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully they fix/patch this soon! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a widely spreading problem.  I have experienced the same - I was working on a file in a shared folder on Friday 4th Feb over a periof of a couple of hours, I had already saved the file twice. On the third save I was asked to give the file a name - hmmm - thought this was strange and when I tried to locate it later in windows explorer realised that all of the other files in that shared folder were missing and I had created a completely new file. I can now only see shared files online in "shared with you folder" but am unable to move them or use them without downloading invidual files one at a time.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled CC, have had the folder owner remove and re share them all with me. They started to sync and started to appear in my Windows explorer file list, but have dissappeared again over night.  Now at a loss as to what to do next?   My libraries stopped syncing a few weeks ago - not sure if that has anything to do with it?  Anyone else have that issue as well or is that something seperate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exacly what happened to me. I'm at a stage where it started syncing and created another copy of the shared folder that I can access from finder. It's progressing but I'm worried it might be removed again based on your experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same issue here as well, did a clean install of Adobe last night and everything seemed to be syncing fine then a couple hours in shared folders started getting wiped from my sync (creative cloud) folder again. On my third resync now after having our admin re-assign my Adobe license which was suggested by Adobe support. I will update here if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had my account owner remove me completely from the account, reinstate and also re add me to the folder, plus clean uninstall. Now I have only a folder with a random http _Cloud file and another Creative Cloud Folder with the CC alias but no files and nothing trying to sync. Absolutely nothing. 

Adobe keep saying it's being escalated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Three team meembers keep loosing the shared folder our fourth team member owns and shares with us. All of our work is in that folder, folder keeps getting removed. Started Friday Feb 4th +10GMT still occuring today. Unfortunately our company laptops do not have a trashbin, so took a few days to work our what on earth was going on. So we have resynced 60gb of files while working from home every single day. Hardly done any work in 4 business days. Have been in touch with them four times and they don't have anyone to call back for 48 hours. Hope this ends soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep – I didn't actually realise that the original poster was my co-worker haha but we have worked out that yep, the 3 team members who are added to the Shared folder are having the issue, but our manager/folder owner isn't having an issue. 

It also started for us Feb 4th around 5pm +8GMT. It has removed my folders 3x times and my co-worker twice. Currently trying to sync 300+gb of files daily is so time consuming. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, the person who owns the shared folder is not having any issues. Only the two team members are getting folders moved/deleted/not synced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news!  It looks like the issue may have been fixed?  After chasing my missing shared files out of the trash bin 2 days in a row, they have finally "stuck" in my sync folders and have been there two days now and all appear to be synced.  fingers crossed the fix is permanent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear to be syncing and stop removing itself now. I've uploaded a couple of files too that the admin can access on their end too so hopefully we've reached resolution. Fingers crossed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although... wasting a week trying to get 300+gb of files to synce is plain useless ha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue on our remote machines who use the shared cloud folders. Started on Friday last week on some machine and then over weekend and Monday on others. There's are a couple of random shared folders that are unaffected which is weired and dont get trashed.

After having to pester and pester the support team are looking into it but dont think they will have to look too far for the cause. There was a Creative Cloud App update deployed and installed last week which installs automatically by default soon after these problems have started. May be a co-indecence perhaps.

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 9.38.20 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 10.01.22

CC app has been syncing since yesterday morning. Around 11am I noticed there were about 56k synced files of 80k files. Then I checked again around 2pm, the progress became 2,6k files of 111k?? There was some movement of files in between but not close to that discrepancy. From this morning onwards the sync has been stuck on 20ish files of 111k.

I couldn't revisit the chat conversation I had with the agent so I assumed the Adobe agent closed the case without letting me know - great work Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is everyone doing? Have your sync issue been solved yet? 

My finder seems to be syncing very slowly and some files are still not synced to the CC web. The CC apps is stuck at 1-20ish of 99,000 synced files and yesterday I had a notification of CC library failed to sync - nothing new, I haven't been able to sync CC library for a few weeks now. 

Received a call from Adobe yesterday to create another shared folder to monitor and make sure the content doesn't go to trash & synced properly. I'm just hoping that the fix wouldn't be Adobe asking us to recreate all the folders from scratch again because that wouldn't be fun lol. 

Please don't close this thread Adobe, the problem is not fixed yet (at least on my end)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue seems to have been resolved. All of my files appear to have synced - and stayed where they belong.  (I only had around 38000 files though.  I did notice that the amount of storage I had used changed to the correct amount once my sync started properly. (26 GB instead of showing 126 MB or similar that it was saying when it wasnt working).  I notice your screen shot still says only 169 MB used.  - Clearly incorrect if you have 99000+ files.  I don't think it is going to work for you sorry.   Have you asked the folder owners to remove your access and re-share?  I am not sure if that was what helped boost mine, I had just found the missing folders in the Trash bin and moved back to my CC folders when the fix seemed to be installed and I ended up with duplicates. 

My CC libraries also haven't synced for quite a few weeks at least. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great now yours is working. We did have the admin kick us out and add back in which is when everything slowly syncing. We don't have 99,000 files so that counter is incorrect. I have noticed that when I add files into CC folder from mac finder, some are synced through to web CC and some aren't. The only work around is to download the files from web CC for the most up to date content, work on it locally then upload everything back into web CC once the project is done - which is very inconvenient because now we can't collaborate. It's all very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if stuck syncing 40k odd files for a week isn't a pain... now CC won't activate or recognise my activated fonts. Adobe... SORT THIS OUT!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE

This issue is now resolved, if anyone experiences this issue you have to escalate this to Adobe Support. They collected logs from my computer & I assumed they found the issue & fixed it but there is no real cause or user troubleshooting that I can pin down as resolution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines