• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Files: Can’t Delete Folder

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created a folder in CC Assets, I accidentally left a space after the name so adobe doesnt recognize it... but now when I try to delete it, it says it’s no longer located there.  Help! Now every time my files sync, I get an error that the folder won’t sync

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Hopefully this helps somebody as this was the only thing that worked for me. Taken from here:

If you’ve used WinRAR to create archives on your computer before, you probably know it allows you to delete your files after an archive is made. You can use the same option to delete the file that keeps throwing the “could not find this item” error.

The idea here is to make a new archive using your problematic file and let WinRAR delete your file after the archive has been made.

1. Download and install the WinRAR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Would you be able to collect and upload log files from your system?

Here is a link to an article about the tool with a link to download it.

Log Collector Tool

The tool will create a zip file on the desktop of all the log files. Please could you send us your logs (punaggar@adobe.com) using the tool.

Also, can you please share folder name due to which you are facing the issue ?

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the logs.

I have assigned the issue to engineering team. Hopefully it won't take to long to get sorted.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Pause file syncing from the creative cloud application.

2. Rename the folder to remove the trailing space.

3. Delete Folder, if not required

4. Resume syncing from the creative cloud application.

Please let me know if you are facing any issue while executing the above steps.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions and it still didn’t work. It won’t let me

rename or delete folder.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 4:24 AM Puneet Aggarwal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's unfortunate that it didn't work. Could you please share the exact error which you are facing while renaming the folder?

Also if possible, please share screenshot of the same.

Thanks,

Puneet Aggarwal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I struggled with this for two hours. Then I tried to delete inner folders inside "Creative cloud libraries". Only 1 folder "Libs" left. then I went inside that folder and deleted everything there. Then the system allowed me to delete the "Libs" folder and then I finally deleted the "Creative cloud libraries" folder. It fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm having this same issue with a file. I can't destroy it. If anyone has any detailed explination as to how I can solve this issue I would greatly appreciate it. Because I've run out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this helps somebody as this was the only thing that worked for me. Taken from here:

If you’ve used WinRAR to create archives on your computer before, you probably know it allows you to delete your files after an archive is made. You can use the same option to delete the file that keeps throwing the “could not find this item” error.

The idea here is to make a new archive using your problematic file and let WinRAR delete your file after the archive has been made.

1. Download and install the WinRAR app on your computer.
  2. Right-click on the file that you want to delete and select Add to archive. It lets you create a new archive using selected files.
  3. The following screen lets you configure how your archive is to be created. You’ll find an option there that says Delete files after archiving. Tick-mark the box, customize other options as you like, and click on OK at the bottom.

1. It’ll create a new archive containing your file and your actual problematic file will be deleted. You can now delete the archive as well by right-clicking on it and selecting the Delete option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THIS is the right solution. Thank you so much ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines