• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC files not syncing anymore

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File sync suddenly stopped working today (PC Windows 10).

I've tried everything possible to restore it:

• as advised in some posts: 
    • removing every possible file including "db" from the CoreSync folder
    • removing the CoreSync folder
    • killing the Adobe Content Synchronizer service (and it usually gets back right away)
  • re-booting the PC
  • re-booting my internet connexion (which had some interruptions this morning, but is now 100% back)

I couldn't find the sync log where other posts mention it shoud be.

I can see no message poiting to a particular file that would be the source of the issue.

Can someone help fixing this issue, please?

image.png

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Please try the steps mentioned below.

• Close the background process Adobe Desktop Service and Adobe Content Synchronizer in the Task Manager (Windows).
  • Restart your computer and try to sync your files again.

You may also try to free some spaces by permanently deleting files that are no longer in use. Please check this article and try the steps mentioned in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

Thanks for your help, but it didn't work.

I removed all previously deleted files. (I wasn't aware they were still stored online.)

It took me some time, because there doesn't seem to be a way of clearing all files at once.

This saved 20GB of space.

denisr70421873_0-1671447315906.png

I've also closed the backgroud processes (Adobe Service Desktop & Content Synchronizer) and restarted the computer.

I've also tested Ctrl + Alt + R, as suggested by @kglad 

I used to see a green check icon on synchronized folders, and I don't see them anymore. I guess it's just another symptom of synchro failure...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some tests with a colleague with whom I share a CC folder (and subfolders), it appears that the files actually DO synchronize, both ways. The error message is about a partial failure, but I don't know which part fails. I'd expect that the folders successfuly synchronized have a green icon, and the failed ones have a red icon, but there are no more icons at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sync problems can occur because of a cc desktop app problem or a corrupt file (that's unable to sync) problem.  to find the corrupt file (if there is one) requires trial and error requiring ~n steps for 2**n files (ie, ~10 steps for 1000 files).

if you want to pursue that and need help, let me know.

if it's a cc desktop app problem, it may resolve itself with the next cc desktop app update.

if don't want to wait for a cc update, let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if @Tarun Saini's suggestions fail to help, 

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines