• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC files saved in local storage in all my devices - not enough free space

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have CC enabled on my PC and I just bought a Mac and connected it to the cloud as well. What I just realized is that all my files that I have on the pc are not only in the cloud but have been saved on my laptop and are taking up a ton of space.
If I delete the files from my laptop are they deleted from the cloud or from my pc?
Is there a way to delete all the files on my pc from the cloud saved on my laptop at once? How can I avoid that the new files that I will be saving on my laptop are also saved on my laptop and leave me without space? Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if your intent is to remove and stop files being added to your lap top, just disable file syncing (by clicking files>preferences>syncing>pause syncing) on your laptop and then delete the wanted files on your laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

So once I disable sync, I can delete the documents that have been stored in my Mac's memory, right? Well, I want to delete the 30GB. Do I have to delete the documents one by one?
Even if I delete them, will I still have access to all these files when I connect from my PC? What happens if I delete all the archived data on my laptop and re-enable sync? Will they download again? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can delete files on your cc mac files just like any other files.

the files sync'd prior to pausing the sync will be available to any computer with an internet connection, signed in and sync'd with your adobe id.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That just seems to be not true. How and where exactly would I be able to re-download the deleted files? I just tested this with a single file: Paused sync -> deleted the file in my synchronization folder -> resumed sync and as you would assume it's still missing.

Where can I access my files if they aren't saved locally anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I found the option in the browser, however is there not a way to acces my synced files in the creative cloud app? It seems I can only access the files I saved from creative cloud applications, not the files like jpgs, mp3s etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there are several different parts of adobe cc files.  how they work are different from each other.

here's basic info:  https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/about-cloud-documents.html

then for more info go here and check the beginner (if applicable) tutorials for cc useage and then advanced, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/tutorials-explore.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines