• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Files say they're synced, but they are not.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I save on my macbook (M1) shows up in my cloud, but strangely enough, I have no errors. It says everything is synced, but I cannot see my other files on my main work computer, just on my macbook. I can see the files I save on my main computer on the macbook just fine. Is there a way I need to be saving my files to make them compatible with a PC? 

Solutions I have tried: 

Pausing and resuming syncing on both computers

Signing out and back in again

Looking for any error messages

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your cc desktop app on your mac and double check the location of your mac's sync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just checked and made sure it was connected to the right folder, but it's still having the same issue as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so:

if you save a file to your pc's sync folder, it appears on your macs sync folder, correct?

if you save a file to your mac's sync folder, it fails to appear in your pc's sync folder, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and after some further testing, it is only with Adobe files. I just transfered a png to CC files on my mac and it showed up on my desktop, but none of the AI/INDD/PS files from the past few days of working are syncing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, it sounds like the adobe cc syncing is working properly.  and what you just described (ai/id/ps etc) is a different cloud storage/sync process from the adobe cc folder sync process.  

here's how to check if ps sharing is working: Cloud documents in Photoshop | FAQ (adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the "Save to cloud" option? I do not ever use that, just the Creative Cloud files. It's worked for sharing files between my other pcs, just not with my mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you save/move a photoshop (psd) file to your cc sync folder on your mac, it doesn't show up pc's cc sync folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is what is happening for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does it show up in your web cc files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the Kglad's suggestions you might also try the keyboard shortcuts here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/arent-my-files-syncing.html#Usekeyboardcombinationstotroub...

If these don't help I'd try contacting our support directly to troubleshoot. They can be reached here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are those files showing up in your assets.adobe.com page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines