• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC keeps adding "Creative Cloud Files" shortcut to sidebar, last position

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2015 has added "Creative Cloud Files" to the Finder Sidebar in OS X as the last item in the Sidebar.

This is not a bad thing once.

But if it is moved to a different place in the list (such as where we used to have it with our other cloud services) or if it is removed from the sidebar, the CC agent will replace it into the last position.

This does not meet with our software deployment strategy guidelines.

How may we disable this?

Thank you very much,

Ross

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Aug 26, 2015 Aug 26, 2015

Hi Ross and to all of the others that have posted on this thread!

Firstly we are sorry that you have experienced some pain and when you feel pain we feel that pain too.

Many thanks for your feedback its really important to us that we get this information from a wide range of sources as this helps us determine how important this issue is.

We are fixing this as I am writing this reply and this fix will go out in the very next release, so bear with us!

Warmest wishes,

Ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2016 Aug 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had same experience as shown in animation above: removing Creative Cloud Files by dragging would remove and immediately return, removing by right-click menu did nothing.

Fixed by bringing up Finder -> Preferences -> Sidebar. Then, toggling a folder (in my case turning Desktop on and then off).

Before fixing, I also tried removing other folders I had manual placed into my sidebar, and they too showed instant-return behavior and also disappeared after toggling my Finder's Sidebar preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works! THank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed! Using OSX 10.11.6 and cannot get rid of the favorite.

Adobe. Our relationship starts to lose its base...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on progress to this? Over a year ago and we are still having to deal with registry hacks because a service we pay for wants to overstep it's bounds?

Does the tonedeaf attitude continue or can we expect some resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 and still having this issue. thanks for the fix above. that seems to have worked. if i didn't need photoshop for work, i'd have ditched adobe by now. SUPER FAIL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ashley, the issue is still there with CC 2017 products.....I see these threads started with the 2015 products...WHERE IS THE FIX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoys the hell out of me. Clean install this Summer with the latest Mac OS as of today August 2020. 

I deleted this shortcut on the sidebar which I do not need, but it reappears. I use Lightroom regular version (classic/desktop) and do not use the CC malware that follows it. Too often I have to run the CC apps to sign in again, but that is a different story,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nine years later, any update on this?

Running MacOS 14.2.1 (23C71) now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jonascreates 

mac:

copy any important file to another folder and then delete Creative Cloud Files + <account type> + <profile_name> + <email> + <GUID> (for example: Creative Cloud Files Personal Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID).

default location, Mac HD/Users/<Username>/Creative Cloud Files

windows:

Open the registry editor (regedit.exe) & naviagate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace You'll probably have two sub-keys. OneDrive's sub-key will be nameed '{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}' Delete the other one, that will be Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually works (so far)!

The precision of your answer made it sound complicated but simply put:
deleting the CreativeCloud folder from your User Folder (Mac) seems to do the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jonascreates 

good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines