• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries are no longer visible

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The libraries I painstakingly created for Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are no longer visible. I tried everything I could find to get them back, and had an Adobe support person take over my computer to fix the issue but nothing has worked. I see a message saying, "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries". What is the problem Adobe???

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Annieoakley2,

Did you try these steps,If not ,Please try.

For windows computer

start your Task Manager, go to the Processes tab, then scroll down to CCLibrary.exe *32, choose it, then click on the End Process button at the bottom right. It will ask if you really want to end the process, click End Process.

Than open your applications again and check.

If still it does not work.

Please Refer to this link.

Solution to the issue: Adobe Creative Cloud Libraries panel doesn't load in desktop products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue (as of a couple of days ago, linked with new CC update??); and none of the apps which use CC Libraries are functioning - returning the "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries" error. I have tried and failed to resolve it using the link provided above and other suggestions, and results are below:

End tasking CC Libraries - does not work.

Ctrl-Alt-R to relaunch - does not work.

Firewall test on 127.0.0.1:{port} returns neither option specified in help, but instead Upgrade required.

Hosts file is fine and no proxy is in place.

This error has also been reported here (Library Panel not working properly​) where the issue seemed to be a conflicting mounted volume, I have no such volume or issue.

As all of my assets are now inaccessible in the CC Library and the web access links does not actually provide the assets themselves (e.g. a .ai file downloads as .jpg) can someone at Adobe please investigate this as a matter of urgency.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2016 Jun 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same "Something went wrong initializing Creative Cloud Libraries" + "Upgrade Required" problem!! I spent the whole evening experimenting, without any result!!

First, the library-window was not available! After resetting photoshop (Ctrl-Alt-R ) / deleting "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 Prefs.psp" the window was back, but did't work. After ~5minutes loading the message appears.

I checked the host-file and the only entries are:

• 127.0.0.1       localhost
  • ::1             localhost

I sign out from photoshop + cloud and deleted all file at [USER]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\ and restarted the pc. After sign in => same result.

I checked my firewall, there are no blocked files!

Kill the CCLibrary.exe process in Task Manager and restart photoshop didn't help.

When i try to open the URL with the port from "settings.json" => http://127.0.0.1:49357/  i see only the message "Upgrade Required"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's frustrating isn't it.

I have since spent 90 minutes on an online chat which essentially went through the help page, but they were unable to remote on due to my organisation's security policies.

I then uninstalled every Adobe product on my PC and ran the Adobe CC cleaner. I then trawled through the hard drive and deleted over 5GB of files that Adobe thinks is okay to leave behind after you uninstall and clean, and went through the registry and deleted a lot of Adobe keys as well.

I reinstalled CC and Photoshop as a test... the library won't initialise and port test still says "Upgrade required". Grrr!

Whilst I could arrange for Adobe to remote on I don't have much confidence as they seemed to be working from a fairly limited script, so I've gone for the nuclear option of getting our IT to wipe my hard drive and restart. I'll update here once it is happened.

EDIT: Adobe staff - it would be really helpful if you could at least tell us under what conditions the "Upgrade required" message is triggered by the CCLibrary process, there must be a coder hanging about who can provide this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typical Adobe.  No solution.  No acknowledgement.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well. I've followed all the instructions on the "Libraries don't load on desktop products" page to no avail.

The localhost:{service port} returns "Upgrade required", which is supported by the CC Library Process.log, which reports "Service: client_1: Incompatible version. Update required".

This is incredibly frustrating and unacceptable -- this is a widely reported error now going back more than a month, and no solution, fix or patch seems to be forthcoming from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2016 Jul 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Sorry it's taken a while.

A complete reinstall of my OS did not solve the issue - so don't all start wiping your hard drives!

This infers that it is a network connectivity issue (for me at least) as I am on a corporate network with clearly dodgy settings.

I'm told from another Adobe chat that the "Upgrade required" message refers to network settings needing 'upgrading' rather than CC or any Adobe product, which makes sense but is poor error message coding.

I've been given a list of all the Adobe URLs and ports for whitelisting which I've listed below in case it is of use to anyone else, but as yet I'm still waiting for my IT department to implement it.

P

~~~

These are Adobe Wildcards URL for the Whitelisting.

*.adobe.com

*.adobelogin.com

*.typekit.com

*.adobesc.com

@amazonses.com

Turn off SSL Scanning on HTTP and HTTPS(Port 80 and 443) respectively.

Apply these exceptions in the Firewall, Proxy and Web Filtering content or Websense. If Caching is enabled on Proxy try disabling the same.

You can also share these URL’s if needed.

Address

Ports

ccmdls.adobe.com

ims-na1.adobelogin.com

ims-prod06.adobelogin.com

na1r.services.adobe.com

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com

lm.licenses.adobe.com

ccmdl.adobe.com

swupmf.adobe.com

swupdl.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Yesterday, before I received your suggestion I tried the exact same thing while going through the list of all Adobe apps that were running. Interesting that every time I stopped the cclibrary.exe process, it would start back up again. So I tried ending it a few times. That must have been what it needed because I have my libraries back, at least for the time being. This is an issue that Adobe needs to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue when navigating to the localhost:{service port} found in the settings file of the cc libraries. I've tried all the troubleshooting tips suggested but no luck.

Any update on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. The InDesign tech spent 45 minutes poking around and then said it was a Creative Cloud issue. Handed it over to those guys, who have called twice when I wasn’t around. I noticed in Processes that now I have about 4 versions of Distiller running at once, and I get that start-up issue. I’ll post if any resolution arrives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reseting the adobe creative cloud application? That worked for me back when I had the same issue. I can still get the error from time to time. But just re-launching the cc app has solved it every time ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2016 Sep 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have EXACT same issue. Have one Wi-Fi router - one Mac and One PC with different Adobe accounts. On Mac Library not work. On Pc - works fine.
I did EVERYTHING - reinstall, check Host file, deleting OOBS, Reboot, Reset everything, and got "upgrade required" error.
BUT - then i try to connect to internet with my iPhone - and VOILA Library works fine! Change internet back to my Wi-Fi and got same Error. Even when my library working on iPhone's internet -  "upgrade required" stays.

So I guess our problem is two-sided with our Mac settings and internet provider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please solved this issue as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I found a solution, at least in my case. Reseting the pref and the warnings of photoshop directly from the app preference panel (cmd-k on macs).

Apparently the interface of photoshop was kind of stuck in an earlier version.

I can finally use my cloud libraries (and also the Device preview function, behance share etc).

After the fresh Photoshop restart, my "recent files" list was empty. It seems something was really stuck somewhere.

Hope it helps,

Phil

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 1.48.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my Creative Cloud App upgrade to version 3.9.0.334 everything is working again...

Maybe was some bugs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud 3.9.1.335 my library still not work, resetting of pref and warnings does not help (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the issue only with one app? In my case only photoshop was out.
Do you have access to this recent file panel in photoshop?
Also do you have your apps installed in different languages?

Ah, and btw, everything is working good but I still have the "Upgrade Required" message when I try to connect to localhost with the creative cloud port (127.0.0.1:xxxx). And yes, all the app included creative cloud are up-to-date..

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 7.32.21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following today's 2017 app updates, my CC Libraries have started working again, with no other intervention. Therefore, in my case at least, I think I can write this down to an Adobe bug that has been resolved despite never being acknowledged.

I'd be interested to know if others have been so lucky with the new updates.

EDIT: As point of interest, the port test still returns "Upgrade required" - it seems like that is a red herring in regards to this instance of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to have resolved for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is not resolved.  Adobe knows this is an issue and seems to have no interest in correcting this truly annoying issue.   Just look how many are complaining without any resolution.  And Adobe will not talk to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bodywise02,

This thread looks like different issues going back over time. I'd suggest trying the solutions described here and is the issue persists contact and work with our support directly.

You should be able to reach them from here

Be sure to sign in with the Adobe ID associated with your membership and you should see contact options on the bottom of the page.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue as of today. Solutions provided are not helping - the "Libraries" windows is just completely empty / no error or connectivity message. The service port link shows "update required" - nothing else. No further info, no further clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi STEEL,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

A few questions to better understand:

• Is the CCLibrary.exe process running on your system in Task Manager or Activity Monitor?
  • What anti-virus software do you use?
  • Does restarting the computer make any difference?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same issue with Photoshop and Illustrator CC 2017.  All the links on the internet seem to point to one Adobe troubleshooting procedure for this problem, and none of those options worked. 

What worked for me eventually was NOT closing Photoshop and/or Illustrator, and restarting the Creative Cloud application (with ctrl+alt+R).  And *then* the Libraries showed up in both Illustrator and Photoshop.

Rebooting didn't help.  Quitting Photoshop and Illustrator and then restarting the Creative Cloud application didn't help.  And when I follow the troubleshooting steps from Adobe, the settings.json file tells me "update needed" which isn't even one of the two options given in the Adobe troubleshooting steps.

Maybe this will help some other poor soul out there and save him or her several hours of frustration.

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.1.1 20170425.r.252 2017/04/25:23:00:00 CL 1113967  x64

Adobe Illustrator v21.1.0

Creative Cloud 4.1.1.202

Microsoft Security Essentials (Antimalware client v4.10.209.0, Antivirus definition v 1.245.1013.0, Antispyware definition v1.245.1013.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines