• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Libraries

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to create a folder inside another one in CC libraries?

We have clients for whom we would like to create a folder so that we can store the common files like logo, corporate identity text & colour. 

We would like to create sub folders under a particular client based on the design work too. Eg. For art work creation for Diwali would be separate from the one we create for Holi or Ganesh Chaturti.

Is this possible?

Vijay

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can create a new library, and/or you can create groups and subgroups in a library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, the latest Libraries update allows you to create subfolders by entering slashes ("/") in a group's name. Libraries with existing groups containing slashes must either be migrated to use "-" as a separator instead or upgraded to apply the new meaning of a slash in the name, which will create the groups and subgroups. Either of those requires user action, however, the library is locked until the user decides which change want to do - so you or one of your collaborators must have seen the prompt and chosen to apply the new slash rules instead of replacing them with "-". 

Please let us know if the above information is helpful.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get much of that & I am sure none of us ahs made any changes either.

Attaching a screenshot of how it is right now.

2022-09-01 (11).png

In an ideal world it would be great if I can create a master library for a company.

Under that I should be able to create a sub directory for 2 of their companies (BT & Hotel Maurya), which are currently both separate libraries. Under those companies we should be able to create sub folders for the each individual design jobs.

Just in the last two weeks we have created about 20-25 designs for social media, hoardings, standee & sunboards.

Not to menttion the additional designs for all the festivals & holidays. All of this in one library becomes like a busy market place pretty soon.

Vijay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing there is no solution or should I say libraries are not designed for the convenience that I am looking for?

Vijay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's the problem using groups and subgroups?

and did you try the @Neelamk solution?  (i did try and couldn't use "/" in a group or subgroup name, but maybe i don't have the latest library update)

kglad_0-1662134365695.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The more videos I see about this the more I am convinced it is not a solution for the problem that we are facing.

I don't think it is designed for the purpose that we are looking for.

Vijay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines