• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Library Preview not showing in CC Desktop app or the CC Library panel in other adobe apps

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am downloading .cclib files the my company provides and I am unable to see previews eiher in the Creative Cloud app or on the preview pane of InDesign, PhotoShop, etc.

Kelsey23339836hvyl_0-1646241185760.png

Kelsey23339836hvyl_1-1646241234111.png

My company's IT guy is not familiar with Adobe products and we are struggling to find anything that will work on a Windows machine. Thank you!

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Hello, thank you for your patience as we have been working on fixing this issue. Please follow the following steps to see your renditions again:

1. Download and install the build linked in Step 1: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

2. Then remove the contents of the renditions folder at the two following locations in your file explorer:

• %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\collaborated\renditions
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties as you are unable to see the preview of CC libraries in the Creative Cloud Desktop Application and in other apps. Would you mind telling us the exact version of the operating system you are using? Make sure you are using the updated version of Creative Cloud application. Did you try logging out from the Creative Cloud Desktop application , rebooting the computer and then logging in again to check if that makes any difference? 

You may try the steps mentioned below :-

• Close any open Adobe products that use Libraries.

• Open the Creative Cloud desktop app. 
  • Use the following keyboard shortcuts:
  • Windows: Ctrl+Alt+R

This relaunches Creative Cloud and all its supporting processes, including the Creative Cloud Libraries & relaunch the Creative Cloud app

Also, try the steps outlined on this document and see if they resolve this issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

We did try all of those things. 

Here is the information you requested:

Kelsey23339836hvyl_0-1646349377143.png

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. Since when have you been seeing this issue? Could you please answer a few additional questions?

1. Are you using a work computer or a Home computer? If it's a work computer then, are you connected to any VPN?
  2.  Can you please open Task Manager and check if CCLibrary.exe is running or not?
  3. Which Anti-virus are you using?
  4.  Did you recently make any changes to your system in terms of software?

Also, Make sure you've installed all the pending operating system updates on your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tarun,

1. I am on a work computer, connected to the network at work, not VPN.

2. Yes, CCLibrary.exe is running.

3. Our IT person thinks it's CrowdStrike.

4. I am a new hire. There have been many changes over the last 2 weeks.

All updates have been installed.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying, Kelsey. Did you try to close all the background processes of Adobe from Task Manager and then sign out and then back into your Creative Cloud Application desktop application? Is it happening with your system, or others are also having the same issue at your work? Did you try to disable the Crowdstrike and check if it helps?

Could you please type in the search box, type change proxy settings and open the corresponding search result & Scroll to the bottom of the Proxy Settings dialog box and ensure that the option Don't use a proxy server for local (intranet) addresses is selected. After this relaunch, the Creative Cloud desktop application and check if that helps. If not, please uncheck that option again to go back to the default setting.

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

For "Did you try to close all the background processes of Adobe from Task Manager and then sign out and then back into your Creative Cloud Application desktop application?" the answer is yes. It didn't work.

For "Did you try to disable the Crowdstrike and check if it helps?" the answer is we can't becuase it is a company PC and we don't have permission to.

For "Could you please type in the search box, type change proxy settings and open the corresponding search result & Scroll to the bottom of the Proxy Settings dialog box and ensure that the option Don't use a proxy server for local (intranet) addresses is selected." the answer is that I looked it up and the box is unchecked and greyed out. We don't have permission to make that change.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey,

Thanks for the info. Could you please kill the CC library process from the Task Manager and then try again to check if the issue persists?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey,

Could you please share the log files with us? Please use this link to collect the logs and upload the logs to your creative cloud and share the link with us. Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We've shared the information with our engineering team & we're working on this. I will update you once I hear anything from them.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Tarun, good to hear you are working on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that this is not really any help, but I am having a very similar problem first noticed about a week ago that must have started no more than a couple weeks ago. Similar setup (work computer running Windows 10 Enterprise, etc.)

I posted earlier today on the Illustrator and CC App boards under the following title: CC Library previews lost when edited in CC2021 or CC2022.

Good luck.

Let me know if you're able to resolve the problem, and I'll do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I couldn't do this on my own because the company I work for needs admin permissions for everything we do here, but our tech people ended up uninstalling all Adobe apps, deleting all of the adobe certificates, closing all processes in task manager and deleting any "hidden" Adobe folders. After that, we reinstalled the apps I use and the libraries showed up.

In case clarification of hidden folders is needed, please see the attached screenshot.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update.

Although I'm on a corporate computer, I seem to have a bit more leeway than it appears you do, and I've done most of what you mentioned above, at least for one of the Illustrator CC versions this problem is happening with. I uninstalled a recently updated plug-in, signed out of CC, ended all CC processe, completely uninstalled Illustrator CC2021, including the files in the "hidden folders," which I saved elsewhere for later re-use, and so on.

FYI, showing hidden files and folders is one of the first things I do whenever I have a new Windows OS, since that's where the applications store their preferences and other things like workspaces, keyboard shortcuts, grep searches, templates, etc.

So far, nothing has worked.

The problem I'm having is a bit different from yours, but very similar. I'll keep mine on the discussion boards for a bit longer, but then try contacting Adobe if nothing comes of it. Being a big corporation, we should be able to get support from Adobe, I would think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear about your difficulties. We've shared the information with our engineering team & we're working on this. I will update you once I hear anything from them.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Since one of the last updates of Illustrator there's an error when i try to add AI Artwork to the creative cloud library. 
The newly added elements wont show me previews in any Adobe Applications "library" window or in the browser view of my cloud files, while items i uploaded earlier are showing up perfectly.
All other members of the cloud library group that i have invited are shown the preview thumbnails as before with no problems.

I tried logging out and in again and re-installing illustrator already.

None of the steps mentioned here helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for the additional info. We've shared the information with our engineering team & we're working on this. I will update you once I hear anything from them.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for your patience as we have been working on fixing this issue. Please follow the following steps to see your renditions again:

1. Download and install the build linked in Step 1: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/libraries-panel-not-working.html

2. Then remove the contents of the renditions folder at the two following locations in your file explorer:

• %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\collaborated\renditions
  • %appdata%\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\<userID>\creative_cloud\renditions

3. Finally, kill CCLibrary Process from Task Manager and restart all Adobe products such Photoshop, Illustrator, etc

This should regenerate all the renditions from your libraries without having the 'cloud icon' present. 

-CC Libraries team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helped me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Molly and the rest of the team.

The clean up and re-installation process took a bit longer than I expected, but CC Library preview images are being generated when I edit or create a new one. Hurrah!

Couple minor items noted in the above procedure:
- The "Roaming" folder is missing in the above paths.
- Perhaps could be a bit more explicit that the CCLibrary has to be reinstalled (circled Step 4 in the web page linked above)

Anyway, thanks again for providing a fix for this issue. You guys rock!

RACNSTR_0-1652981983064.png

Best regards,

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

finally! this one solved the issue! been strugling with this library thumbnail problem since 2 months ago and really slowing down my workflow. thanks for the hardwork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could be of help.

Enjoy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

It helped me too, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines