• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Sync issue. Folder recursively saved inside itself.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a CC backup folder with 350gb+ files. We moved this folder elsewhere to completely delete it freeing up disk space. That backup was essentially the same folder, saved inside itself 400-500 times. This whole process was done 2 other previous times in the past 4 months but this folder scheme keeps returning with it’s +350gb contents.

Currently, after this latest delete, in "C:\Users\thisuser\Creative Cloud Files", we have the same folder structure nested inside each other (total 2400+), with no files (deleted).

• The CC default backup folder has been designated elsewhere, on my desktop.
  • It's content is NULL, CC synch turned off 
  • on my Cloud I have a folder, carrying the same name in "assets.adobe.com/deleted" section and I cannot delete it permanently
  • No other active files / folders on my CC cloud area. 
  • My Windows 10 indexer and search processes kept using +20% CPU and were turned off.
  • cmd line delete not working, i have rights to the main folder
  • last night another recursive tree of folders reappeared (a 3rd) 

Any ideas, suggesitons would be grand. 

Thanks 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ??!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞 Very sad no one could give me some input to help me tackle this issue. Still not resulved on my end. Oh well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I spent +12 hours with Adobe support (5 tries) trying to delete and orphaned creative cloud recursive folder to no avail.

After a bit of research I then followed the cmd process as administrator as per these 2 links.

problem fixed.

https://www.zerodollartips.com/force-delete-file-folder-windows-10/ and https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-open-an-elevated-command-prompt-2618088

I hope this helps you.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines