• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCXProcess causing my computer CPU to ramp excessively; fans running very loud.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 2016 16 inch Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7. It appears that an update has occurred that has caused my computer to ramp up the power/energy consumption which makes the fans very loud and noisy. I think CCXProcess might be the culprit. When closing it, the fans die down, but of course it comes back on after a minute or two. I did not have this issue before today so something has changed. Please help. Thank you!

James 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Daniel, and others, I am sorry that you continue to see high CPU usage. This public discussion thread is currently full of both individuals and people who work for organizations that manage their membership and computers. 

If the computer and membership you are using are managed by an organization, please contact your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator.  They can use the process listed https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html to contact us on your be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch running Big Sur 11.6.1 and getting CCXProcess hogging all my cpu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on my Windows 11 laptop Dell XPS 9575. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have a Macbook Pro 16 running Monterey 12.0.1. Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.  2019 MacBook Pro i9 and I'm running Big Sur 11.5.2.  It just started with the latest updates yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I updated to latest version of Monterey: 12.1. And updated to latest versions of Adobe CCX Process 4.7.1.3. And CPU usage is still through the roof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, and other posters, the CCXprocess is utilized to serve dynamic content within Adobe applications.  If you see excessive CPU usage, then please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.  Once the log files are uploaded, you can then begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so that the cause of the excessive CPU usage can be investigated.

You can find more information about what the CCXprocess is used for at https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I'm on work machine so I can't run the tests but after a restart, I did notice that I can run both After Effects and InDesign and have the CCXProcess stay at a normal level.  It went nuts yesterday and earlier today only when Premiere had been opened.  Curious to know if anybody has noticed the CPU spikes only after Premiere has been opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian, if you are on a work machine, then please bring up any concerns to your work's Creative Cloud plan administrator.  The Creative Cloud services forum is primarily designed to help individuals, and many of the solutions offered are not applicable for a managed environment.

We do have the Enterprise & Teams discussion forum at https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams/ct-p/ct-enterprise-and-teams?page=1&sort=latest_repl... which you can use to participate with other people who use the same type of membership that your work is providing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Jeff. Given what CCXprocess does, it doesn't seem like a needed or useful process to be running all the time. The convience it is supposed to provide doesn't nearly offset the burden it puts on my work computer. Would you please communicate to the teams working on these issues that we need the core tools to do our jobs and give us the ability to disable things like CCXprocess.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, the CCXProcess is used by multiple Adobe applications to render dynamic content. 

I don't see an active individual membership assigned to the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum, James.  If an organization manages your computer and membership, then the content and discussions in the Creative Cloud Services forum are not designed for you.  Please get in touch with your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator for assistance.  They can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html to access the elevated support included with those memberships.

For future viewers of this discussion, if you have an individual membership, please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen so the cause can be investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, your response to deflect the underlying issue with CCXProcess is disturbing and super unhelpful. Yeah, he may be in the 'wrong' forum group but the issue, as exemplified with the many other posts in this thread, still persists and is obviously something haywire on Adobe's side. Try to be more helpful and less condescending in your responses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to direct that last comment at Jeff, not James. Sorry about that. (no editing available for comments!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I'm currently trying to get my organization involved. I hope this will not deter you from sharing it with your engineers sooner.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Update:

After unnistalling Adobe Creative Cloud and all its applications as suggested, killing all processes and re-installing - the problem persited.

I got tired of fighting the issue, so I went on a break and let the computer alone for a couple of hours while the fans ran at their full and the CPU was 100%. When I came back CPU was normal, no more crazy fans.

Not sure if whatever process the CCXProcess was running finished and it was just something that took a lot of CPU and a loooong time to complete.

I am just glad my computer is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, and others, I am sorry that you continue to see high CPU usage. This public discussion thread is currently full of both individuals and people who work for organizations that manage their membership and computers. 

If the computer and membership you are using are managed by an organization, please contact your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator.  They can use the process listed https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/support-for-enterprise.html to contact us on your behalf if needed.

If you have an individual membership and have full control of the computer and network, then please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen.  Our support team will work with you directly to analyze the logs and determine the cause of the high CPU usage.

Thank you, everyone, for your continued patience. Please take advantage of the support option that is appropriate for you to contact us directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. 

I just let my computer run the process for a few hours and it stopped eventually. I no longer have the issue. It is now resolved.

Thanks for your guidance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is great to hear, Daniel. Please make sure that you still contact your organization's Creative Cloud plan administrator to report the difficulties you encountered.  Someone else in your organization is likely experiencing the same problems since the same organization manages the computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MB Pro Intel I9, Big Sur 11.6.2

CCX Process ver. 4.7.1.3

CCXProcess is almost constantly dominating my MacBook's CPU and draining the battery even while plugged in.

I've tried disabling CC file syncing as the solution offered in other posts I've seen in the forums, but no noticable change.

I'm unable to force the process to close without it running again a few minutes later (noticable by the telltale fans spinning into overdrive).

Has anyone been able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.  Same machine and but I'm running 11.5.2.  It just started with the latest updates yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went through Activity Monitor and quit out of all the Adobe background apps and it hasn't returned as a problem. At first I was just quitting out of CCXProcess and it would come right back in a few minutes like you said. Try quitting out of all the other Adobe stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this recommendation Ryan. I'm on 10.15.7, but experiencing the same thing everyone else is, which started for me yesterday afternoon. Even when my computer was put to sleep the fan would continue to go higher than normal. Following your Activity Monitor idea I found that quitting CCXProcess AND quitting Adobe Desktop Service prevented CCXProcess from coming back on and ramping up the fan. BUT, once you open any Adobe app it'll start Adobe Desktop Service which with then start CCXProcess, so you have to go back in and quit them each again. Not ideal, but a workaround until this gets fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm on a 2019 MacBook Pro 16 inch running Big Sur 11.6.1. This suddenly started happening yesterday (12/14/21) morning. The fan is going full speed with the CCXProcess.app using up 77% of the CPU usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a "me too"! Monterrey 21.1, all CC up to date. MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7.

It uses all the power even when the laptop is closed. Found it in my bag running hot and eating all my battery.

For me it's CCLibrary not CCXProcess that's running 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines