• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCXProcess using 99.8% of my CPU! Unable to find help on previous threads.

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro 15 inch (2018) running Monterey 12.5.1. Every time I startup my fans come on super fast and loud, my MacBook heats up very quickly and the battery depletes faster than it should.

Reading previous threads on the underlying issue, I have checked Activity Monitor and found that CCXProcess is using up all my CPU. The furthest I got reading through Adobe Employee replies was to download the Log Collector Tool and run it so that it uploads the log to Adobe Support. The next step it to attempt to contact Adobe Support, but I can find no clear way to do that! 

I have uploaded my log but I need either an Adobe Employee to contact me, or for someone to point out where I can open a Live Chat or something. Help!

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

We are sorry for your difficulties as CCXProcess is using up all your CPU. Before you contact Adobe support, could you please let us know the version of CCXProcess it should be CCXProcess 4.1.3 - you can check the version in CCD -> Help -> About Creative Cloud.
Please, let us know if you got an update and if the problem is gone!

If you do not see any update in Creative Cloud, try signing out of the application, restarting your PC, and checking the CCD application. Once the Creative Cloud Desktop Application is updated, the issue should be resolved. If this does not help you could reach out Support team through the below link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Please let us know how it goes. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Neelam,

Thank you for your reply. I actually managed to get someone from the Adobe Support Team to help (he remotely logged on to my MacBook, force quit CCXProcess and other programs in Activity Monitor, then uninstalled Creative Cloud and reinstalled it, which seemed to fix the problem).

However, the following day when turning my MacBook on, the fan started up again and, when I checked Activity Monitor, CCXProcess was back and using 99.8% of my CPU! Since then I have been force quitting CCXProcess each time I start up my MacBook, which is not great.

I have checked the version of CCXProcess and it is 4.11.1.1.

I hope you can help!

Cheers,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines