• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Centralized Library

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team wants to use CC Libraries to put Illustrator assets on. However, we do not want any one person to be the "Owner" of the assets. A few reason why we don't want that. If they left the company, then we would have to transfer ownership, as I have read in other posts.  This seems like a work around than a true solution. Another concern would be all the files that were linked to the original owner's library would have to relink, which when you use a certain asset a few hundred times, this would be very time-consuming...

So, what I am wondering if there is a way you can have library assets not owned by anyone person but more centralized in a team ownership? Meaning, as employees come and go, the assets stay in the same place. Assets that are "owned" by the team, not an individual.

If this is not a function yet, then I hope it gets released soon.

Please advise on what we should do.

Thanks!

-JR

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see this feature with CC libraries as well. Ideally, we have the ability to create "teams" and the team would own the assets. I had a coworker create assets in CC libraries but he failed to share ALL of his libraries, even when I asked for all of them to be shared. Now, when I open some files, it's missing those linked assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until... IF Adobe does this... I would create a phantom person, with an email and Adobe ID that is managed by "whoever" is in charge of the group, so the virtual person never changes, even if the person in charge leaves... the new group leader simply takes over

Note that I do NOT know if this is possible, it is only my idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This would be a very good feature, hopefully at some point this time, many customers ask for this quickly.

For the "virtual user", you could, only you would have to assign that license, and give that email to some user, as you say the one who manages and that never changes, and who is the creative director, and who is in charge of managing them .

If the thought is without using the license, you would be wasting it.

Regards,

WbolanosCo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you should be storing assets on an in-house network or cloud servers that the company controls.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We currently are but we do like the ease of utilizing the CC libraries for frequently used assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines