• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compact mode - Minimal view to launch apps and recent files

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to say this creative cloud desktop "experience" has reduced my workflow efficiency and has cause tremendous unnecessary frustration.

I had primarily used it as an app launcher. I would like to see an option to select a minimal view or launcher view of the Creative cloud desktop "experience".

I use the Creative Cloud desktop app to launch applications such as Photoshop or Illustrator, and would like a way to quickly access these shortcuts without launching the full experience with the app catalog, CC library manager, update manager, etc... 

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com/forums/923263-apps-section-app-catalog-install-updates/suggestio...

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Adobe has recently release an update of their Creative Cloud Desktop app and I still find it very much unusful for my use case.

There was a time I was able to click once on Adobe icon, and in a nice small list I clicked the app I need to work in. Then they change to this obscuringly large interface that requires hunting and scrolling.

My solution is to use XMenu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your post, -Why would you need a "Minimal View"?

I rarely open the CC Desktop App. Only to check updates etc.

In Windows, my Apps (Lightroom, Photoshop, etc) are added to my desktop start icons, as well as appearing with all installed software menus. One mouse click to open.

The same should be possible by adding the Apps to a Mac desktop Dock.

ScreenShot297.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for offering a suggestion. I had already enough apps pinned to my dock. I don't want to add another 6. That solution doesn't work well for me.

There was a time I was able to click once on Adobe icon, and in a nice small list I clicked the app I need to work in. Then they change to this obscuringly large interface that requires hunting and scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never used the CC Desktop App as a launcher for the programs. I'm using my taskbar for this on my Windows 10 computers. I have there the programs I use most regularily.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above I never use the CC DTA to open and use the Adobe programs.

In Fact I have disabled the CC DTA from starting with the system. I don't need some other app/program starting with my system just so I can start/open some other program that I already have a shortcut to on with my desktop or in the Start menu or for Mac on the DOCK. Why would I want some other program eating up system resources for no goo reason.

So I suggest you open the preferences of the CC DTA and disable it from starting with your system and then Restart your computer.

Then you will not need a Minimal view setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for offering a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Research some Mac options for the dock-

eg.. search Googly for- "nesting apps in Mac dock"

Looks like add the Apps to a 'folder' and add this to the dock.

You make your own 'minimal' startup group.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put a shortcut to each app on your desktop and use that to launch them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for offering a suggestion. I had already enough apps pinned to my dock. I don't want to add another 6. That solution doesn't work well for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They added more functions to that CC app, so ... yea, the panel for it got bigger with more options.

If you select a group of apps from the list to the left, like Video & Motion, that is "sticky" ... so next time you bring up the CC app, that section will be the one showing. You can then launch from there without having to scroll.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has recently release an update of their Creative Cloud Desktop app and I still find it very much unusful for my use case.

My solution is to use XMenu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Apps tab of the CC Desktop app, you still have a list of the apps and can launch from there. I never do though.

I use either desktop icons or ones dragged to the Start bar for a single-click start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for others, you need not use the cc app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines