Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Company and Personal Account

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

my company recently changed the model for our Adobe subscription (or something else changed) and I had to select between personal, and company account. I saved much private and work data in ma cloud since it had 1TB of storage space. After selecting the company account all data in my cloud was gone. Had to re-sign in and switch to personal, where my cloud changed to 2GB of storage space. My questions are:

- Is my boss able to see through my cloud data

- How can I migrate the Data from personal to company account. 

Thank you very much!

Best regards from Cologne, Germany.

Thilo 

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is: what subscription did you have before and what subscription do you have now: Individual, Teams, Enterprise...?

I saved much private and work data in ma cloud since it had 1TB of storage space. After selecting the company account all data in my cloud was gone. (...)

- Is my boss able to see through my cloud data

By @ThiloPantring

How could he, if there is no data in…? Depending on the subscription, and given that your company pays for the space, yes, in the future the company may be able to access your data. It's at the end of the day company data.

If there is cloud data, that cloud data is mirrored to your computer. So, you can access the old cloud data from there. Also, even if your account switched to a 2Gb free account, you have some time (30 days?) to download your data before it gets deleted. If the data were Lightroom photos, the situation is different. The data is kept longer, and you need to use a tool for downloading your data.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer but I am wondering if my boss could have access to the company cloud and the files I save in there. For example if I move all my personal cloud Data (which contains work data and private data) to the now neccessarry company account cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally speaking, it is a very, very bad idea to use company equipment for personal projects and data. They have a reasonable expectation that anything they provide you for work is used for work, and anything you store in their systems is also theirs. It is probable they will have access to anything and everything you store in cloud storage that they pay for. Worse, if you happen to get laid off, you can lose access to anything personal you've stored there.

Separate your professional and personal data storage. Even if you own the company, mixing them is never a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't migrate files between two separate accounts.   The best you can do is copy files from your computer HD to the company's synced Creative Cloud folder.

TO CHANGE LOG-IN TO OTHER ACCOUNT:

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your company's paid ID and password.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Since a while back, I'm asked to choose between personal and enterprise ID when I sign in.

• If I choose personal, I have access to all my work files, projects and assets, but no Creative Cloud subscribtion.
  • If I choose enterprise, I do have a my Creative Cloud subscribtion, but none of my files, projects or assets. 

I wasn't aware that my account had been a "personal" account until this change happened. I've always used it strictly for work only. 

Adobe Support claims I was given the option to migrate my assets. But it seems I missed that option and now I'm stuck with my data in one acount and my subscribtion in another. 😔

They also say that there's no other way to migrate my assets but to download everything to my computer and then upload them to my enterprise account. This of course a lot of work, but works fine for most assets. 

However, we have a lot of Premiere Teams projects, where I'm the owner. Adobe Support recommends that I convert the teams projects to local projects, then convert them back to teams projects from my enterprise account. But doing this will erase everything that is linked in from After Effects. 

I'm also not sure what will happen to assets in libraries that I have shared with collegues. Especialy when they have linkes to assets in my libraries in theire Illustrator or Premiere projects. 

I ended up starting free trials on my personal account, just so I can get my data out. I only have a few days left now and I'm getting desperate. Any advice or suggestions is truly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After talking to Adobe Customer Support on the phone, it seems there's not really anything that can be done to transfer your stuff from your personal account to your business account. 😪

Though they did say that if one of our admins called the admin support, they could at least help them transfer ownership of the Premiere Teams Projects. So fingers crossed for that bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines