• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Company profiles and personal profiles won't work together?

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be curious as to what others have done.  I run a non-profit and as such, I licensed Adobe Captivate for them.  Adobe insisted I create a company profile for this process.   Now I find out that if I have Captivate open and try to open any of my CC apps, it forces me to log out and back in.  This is a completely assinine and unacceptable workflow.  Anyone else have a reasonable solution that will allow me to run a business app and a personl app on the same computer at the same time?  I can't even believe that Adobe doesn't have a fix for this.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have apps lincensed under different profiles you'll need to change profiles to access them all.

to resolve, license everything under one profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that is how it works. But does anybody else find this
absolutely mind bogglingly ridiculous? There are many instances where my
company may provide me with one product but I still want to use my personal
products on the same computer during the same time session. In this day and
age requiring me to use one or the other is absolutely unacceptable.--

<personal info removed- kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't reply via email or remove your signature. these are public forums and you probably don't want that info shared on the internet.

and, if you want to make a suggestion to adobe for applicable apps, use https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like it or not, that's how licensing works.  It's that way by design.  If personal account gave you access to work files, you run the risk of replacing work files with personal files and vice versa.

Besides, whoever pays Adobe has ownership rights to the files.  Work files are owned by the employer who pays for the subscription.  Personal files are owned by you.  And that's how it should be in case you change jobs or retire.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines