• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Complete Andoid versions of Adobe programs

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra tablet would be ideal to use for artwork - it's powerfull got a big 14,6'' screen and is produced in collaboration between Samsung and Wacom and is in many ways a better product than iPad and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro - the only thing that holds us users back is that Adobe hasn't developed the full android versions of their programs and on top of that Adobe Illustrator Draw is discontinued - The complete version of Adobe programs exists for Mac and Windows but not for Android - does Adobe want all Android users to migrate to Procreate and other alternatives....????

Triplicate posts to Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fresco merged to one thread 

and moved to Creative Cloud Services by moderator. Please post once.

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Hello @olelundan,

We understand that Illustrator for Android is important to you, and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/41023306-illustrator-for-android) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only thing that holds us users back is that Adobe hasn't developed the full android versions of their programs ...The complete version of Adobe programs exists for Mac and Windows but not for Android

By @olelundan

Hi

I am on iOS, but just found this link from Google Play with a list of all the Adobe apps that are supported on Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=4734916851270416020&hl=en_US&gl=US

If you are thinking of Photoshop and Illustrator (you didn't say), the iPad apps are absolutely not complete versions of the desktop apps. Both are missing many features.

Also, Adobe Fix and Adobe Mix are in Google Play and not in the App Store for iOS.

Many of the apps in the Google Play store are included with your paid Creative Cloud subscription. In addition, some of them have beta versions for the web that you can use with any browser. You need to have a plan that includes that app to use the web version. 

If you have a paid subscription, let us know which plan you have and we can give you more details about the web versions in beta.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum. Please post feature requests to https://illustrator.uservoice.com

There have been similar discussions such as this one: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/illustrator-app-for-samsung-android/td-p/1343...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no software developer creates programs that work on mobile os'es (like android or ios), as well as they can work on full os'es (like osx and win).  either they create only limited mobile apps that work as well on desktop, or they create limited mobile apps and full versions for desktop os'es, like adobe does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jane

I have Creative Cloud all apps 100 GB, I've been using Adobes programs regularly almost every day since 1999. I have almost all Adobes Android supported apps. I'm not on mac never have been, and must admit that I don't know exactly how Adobe programs work on iPad. I use desktop and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16" and Samsung Galaxy phone. I got the Wacom Mobile to become more mobile 😉 but WMSP is a heavy tool and work best around my home. I was thinking of getting a Samsung S8 Ultra which would work with my phone (eg as an extra monitor for palettes and tools) and which is lighter more mobile and powerfull and has a better screen format (more square) than the Wacom - but the Android OS on Galaxy S8 Ultra limits the usage of my adobe subscription to the android supported apps you mention - unfortunately Adobe has furthermore closed down the Photoshop drawing app and the Illustrator draw app which are among the apps I would use the most.....

I know that a lot of those who work with drawing on iPad turn to Procreate and those on Android turn to other drawing program like Sketchbook - don't Adobe want those iPad and Galaxy (and other) customers?

Kind regards

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @olelundan 

We don't know what is under development or what is not. We only find out when (or if) Adobe makes an announcement.

There is a primary thread on the Photoshop forum, and you might upvote and comment there where the product developers will see your post.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-mobile-support-for-samsung-android-tablet...

I see that the thread is four years old and currently has only 48 upvotes.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Jane

I have Creative Cloud all apps 100 GB, I've been using Adobes programs regularly almost every day since 1999. I have almost all Adobes Android supported apps. I'm not on mac never have been, and must admit that I don't know exactly how Adobe programs work on iPad. I use desktop and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16" and Samsung Galaxy phone. I got the Wacom Mobile to become more mobile 😉 but WMSP is a heavy tool and work best around my home. I was thinking of getting a Samsung S8 Ultra which would work with my phone (eg as an extra monitor for palettes and tools) and which is lighter more mobile and powerfull and has a better screen format (more square) than the Wacom - but the Android OS on Galaxy S8 Ultra limits the usage of my adobe subscription to the android supported apps you mention - unfortunately Adobe has furthermore closed down the Photoshop drawing app and the Illustrator draw app which are among the apps I would use the most.....

I know that a lot of those who work with drawing on iPad turn to Procreate and those on Android turn to other drawing program like Sketchbook - don't Adobe want those iPad and Galaxy (and other) customers?

Kind regards

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Samsung Galaxy S8 Ultra tablet would be ideal to use for artwork - it's powerfull got a big 14,6'' screen and is produced in collaboration between Samsung and Wacom and is in many ways a better product than iPad and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro - the only thing that holds us users back is that Adobe hasn't developed the full android versions of their programs and on top of that Adobe Illustrator Draw is discontinued - The complete version of Adobe programs exists for Mac and Windows but not for Android - does Adobe want all Android users to migrate to Procreate and other alternatives....????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @olelundan,

We understand that Illustrator for Android is important to you, and apologize for its unavailability at this time. Would you mind upvoting this UserVoice (https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/410...) and adding your comments there? Doing this will help us prioritize this feature request, and you will keep getting all the related updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Note: Marking correct for visibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google makes a line of browser-based apps for Google Chromebooks.  Chromebooks are similar to Androids. 

Adobe's pro-level tools are built primarily for desktop users with latest Windows and Mac OS.  The Mobile companion apps are for using on the go.  They are significantly lighter versions without all the bells & whistles that desktop apps have.   Different tools for different types of users & devices.

System Requirements:

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy

I have almost all Adobes Android supported apps on my phone. I use desktop and Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16" and I have a Samsung Galaxy phone. I got the Wacom Mobile to become more mobile 😉 but WMSP is despite it's name a heavy tool and work best around my home. I was thinking of getting a Samsung S8 Ultra (created in collaboration with Wacom) which would work with my phone (eg as an extra monitor for palettes and tools) and which is lighter more mobile and powerfull, has a better screen format (more square) than the Wacom - but the Android OS on Galaxy S8 Ultra limits the usage of my adobe subscription to the android supported apps you mention - unfortunately Adobe has furthermore closed down the Photoshop drawing app and the Illustrator draw app which are among the apps I would use the most.....

My usage is mostly the drawing pad situation so I don't need a Chromebook 😉

I know that a lot of those who work with drawing on iPad turn to Procreate and those on Android turn to other drawing program like Sketchbook - don't Adobe want those iPad and Galaxy (and other) customers? And for those of us who want to bring our work with us around where ever we are and are paying a rather expencive Adobe subscription - do we really need to buy extra graphic software to make things work?

Kind regards

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's simply a matter of how many users are on iPads vs Androids.  Adobe has limited resources and tries to appeal to the widest user base.

Illustrator for iPad

https://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator/ipad.html

Adobe Fresco for iPad & iPhone

https://helpx.adobe.com/fresco/system-requirements.html

Although not being developed anymore, Illustrator Draw for Android is still available from Google Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adobe.creativeapps.draw&hl=en_US&gl=US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy

Yes that's true they want to appeal to the widest user base - but now we see the beginning of a shift where Samsung is cooperating with Wacom to make a very compatible product for graphic use this will make customers shift towards new solutions - if Adobe wants customers (and get out of their limited resource situation) they must follow where the customers are going and not sit tight and expect the vice versa situation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@olelundan 

these are user-to-user forums.

for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For all we know, they might be doing that.  Adobe doesn't share their longterm plans with product users. 

Right now, you know as much as we do and that's what's published in the product System Requirements pages.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines