• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Core Sync affecting ADSL connection

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used CC for several years now with no issues at all, but in the last 3 weeks I have had serious connectivity issues which we thought were due to a broadband fault but after inverstigation our ISP adviced that in the last 30 days our upload has dramatically increased from a few GB to over 30GB and they thought we had a virus.

A technician examined all our PC's and found them to be free of malware, etc but did advice that in the last 30 days my PC, which is the only one running CC, and that CoreSync had indeed uploaded 35GB - now our usage hasnt changed so what is going on with coresync and why is it hogging all our upload, as we are based in a rural area ADSL is our only option and short of uninstalling CC completely I don't seem to be able to sort this issue.

I am not using AVG, but I have tried the workaround regarding this - but I use Windows Defender.  We are using Windows 10 and all apps should be up to date.

I have today stopped any Adobe file syncing in the hope that it would help but I can't see any diference.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Islands Book Trust,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. The Core Sync process is one which synchronizes Creative Cloud files, libraries and Typekit fonts on your system. Normally the only part which would be uploading would be file sync. File sync, when enabled, uploads any files within the Creative Cloud Files folder to your online Creative Cloud file storage. The process keeps the contents of Creative Cloud Files folder on your computer identical to what is stored online. 35GB seems like a lot upload traffic for the process.

A few questions to better understand.

• Are you using the file sync feature?
  • Are you regularly saving to or changing the contents of the Creative Cloud Files folder?
  • Does it appear file sync is running frequently or all the time?

sync.jpg

Please get back to me when you get the chance and I'll see what I can suggest

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave

Thanks for your response and apologies I was on AL.  I will answer your questions as best I can:

• I was using the file sync feature, I have switched it off so that I can reduce the upload traffic.
  • I only change or update files once or twice a week maybe - although if I'm working on a loot of material it may be more than that.
  • Before I switched it off file sync was running all the time 9-5 whether I was using it or not.

Thanks

Mairi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mairi,

Thanks for the additional details. It doesn't sound normal for sync to be running all the time like you describe.

Would you mind collecting log files from your system which I could pass on to our engineering to help investigate this issue?

To collect the log files download the log collection tool from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

After you run it, it will create a .zip file on your desktop of all of the log files from your system. If you could upload and share a link with me on where to download the .zip from, I'll pass it on to our engineering dept. to review. You can send the link privately by clicking on my name here in the forums and select the message option.

Engineering may have some additional questions but this will help us get started.

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave

I have actually removed all our files from Sync, we will go back to being old school for the time being and save our files to an external drive for sharing.  If I have the time or patience to use sync again I will keep log files and send them to you.

I also seem to be having the issue with the multiple instances of Adobe CEP HTML Engine on using Illustrator etc which uses up loads of memory.  Suddenly using Adobe has become my worst nightmare and considering I work for a charity I dont have enough hours in the day to deal with this.

Thanks

Mairi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines