• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not open because of a disk error.

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new mac mini that will be dedicated to photo editing. It is running Catalina operating system. 

I loaded the Creative suite and when I try to launch Photoshop from inside lightroom I get an error window saying "

Could not open “_RCB1708.ARW” because of a disk error. I tried opening from several different folders and different files from different drives. Same result.

When I take the drives and attach to my old Mac Pro running Mojave, everything works perfectly.

I tried uninstalling Photoshop and re-installing and the same error.

External drives were tested with disc utility and passed.

I believe the issue is a communication item between photoshop and the drives but since im not sure what to do... here I am. I appreciate the help.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I loaded the Creative suite 

Please confirm exactly which version you're trying to run.

Non-Cloud versions (CS6 and earlier) should not even install on Catalina since Catalina has dropped all support for 32 bit software and CS6 (and earlier) come with 32 bit installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the very latest Creative Cloud and it is up to date. Photoshop 2020 and Lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If everything runs fine on Mojave, I would stick with that OS. 

Only the latest versions of Creative Cloud apps will run on Catalina.  And even then there are known issues you should be aware of.   See links below.

As John said, legacy Creative Suite will never work much less install on Catalina.  That potential ended with Mojave.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reinstalled Mojave as a last resort and Photoshop is now performing properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines