• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Cloud Libraries "Could Not Copy 1 Item"

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a copy of one of my CC libraries. In assets.adobe.com/libraries, I click the three dots for the library I want to make a copy of and click Copy in the menu that pops up.

In the lower left corner a progress bar appears saying "Copying Files (0 of 1)." When the progress bar gets to about 10% or less, a red box appears at the top of the screen saying "Could not copy 1 item."

I'm logged into the account that owns the library, and the library is not shared. I'm currently using less that half of my CC space. Synching is on and working, though that's only marginally relevant ... I'm working online in assets.adobe.com/libraries.

I've tried repeatedly, from two different locations, so it's not the internet. I've tried to copy several different libraries (including one I've successfully copied in the past), so it's not the library itself.

Any idea where the problem might lie?

TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: After trying repeatedly over several days to duplicate a CC library on assets.adobe.com/libraries, it's still not working right. Once or twice it has said it worked, but after refreshing the page, it still did not show a duplicate copy of the library.

But now when I look at the CC Libraries palette in InDesign, I see 13 copies of the library I'm trying to duplicate! Yet only one of those copies appears in assets.adobe.com/libraries. 

I've paused synching, re-booted the Windows PC, turned on synching, watched it say "Libraries synching ... " and count up to 100%. But still I see 13 copies of the library on the CC Libraries palette in InDesign and only one in assets.adobe.com/libraries.

Obviously, something is very wrong here. I'm reluctant to stumble forward by-guess-and-by-gosh when CC seems so confused about what exists and what doesn't, and where.

Can anyone suggest a way forward ... please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For closure on this issue: We never figured out what Adobe's problem was. We deleted all the unnecessary copies and got on with our lives. Since a simply "Copy" is capable of wreaking such havoc unexpectedly, we've devised a Plan B in case Copy ever again gives us a problem:

• In InDesign, in the CC Libraries palette's list of libraries, right-click the library you want to copy. Click "Export" in the menu that pops up.
  • Click "Select folder" in the dialog that appears.
  • Navigate to your Desktop and click the Save button (thereby accepting the default filename). Click the Export button.
  • The export should only take a few seconds. Click the "OK" button.
  • In the CC Libraries palette, click the Palette Options icon (the "hamburger") and click "Import library."
  • Click "Select folder" in the dialog that appears.
  • Navigate to your Desktop. Select the export file you just created, and click the OK button.
  • Click the Import button. Click the "OK" button. It may take a minute or two for the new library to fully appear.
  • With the new library open, click the "hamburger" again. Click "Rename xxxxxx" and give the new library a new name.

Obviously, it's a much more tedious process, but hopefully it's more reliable than Copy on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines