• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creative cloud and cloud documents is there anything left of either

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have spent a full day reading about the changes made as of Feb 1 2024.  I am more confused than I was to start with, so to save time I am going to start at the end and work backwards. I'm on W10 desktop version, with the elimination of the sync feature what is the point of creative cloud now?  I saw there are very basic functions such as seeing layers, now I don't, I use to upload j-pegs now I can't, only PDFs, when I open a PDF on the website storage it opens in acrobat.  All previous articles on Cloud Docs and Creative Cloud seem obsolete so I don't want waste my time reading them. I read one posted dated the 30th of Jan. explaining the difference betwee a cloud doc and creative cloud, why explain when it won,t exist the very next morning?  I have read an article on creating a cloud doc but the is no longer an option in the save as dialog for the cloud, the solution is in preferences, does that mean you have to change the preferences each time to change destination?  This question is redundant because changing the save location in prefs. does not change the save as dialog, the button is still greyed out but still there.  Is there any functionality outside of the web based cloud app, or for that matter is there any reason to upload/drag and drop your files there other than for fun, who would use this and for what purpose?  Also if I find this of no use to me how do I get rid of it?  I have a local creative cloud folder that I can't delete or change it's name, what is the purpose of this folder?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

some of the first link is going/gone.  everything else remains.

https://assets.adobe.com

https://lightroom.adobe.com

https://documentcloud.adobe.com

https://spark.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply,

The first link is what I use.  Gone!

The second link goes nowhere, three dots indicating movement on a dark ground.  I had read that Lightroom could be used to save to my cloud storage but it does not work.

The third link is a free trial of Acrobat,  hmm... and the only format is PDF, well what do ya think of that eh?  It's a Acrobat ad!  LOL

And the forth link is an ad for Adobe Express, how expected! 

Could you then help me to get the "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account Folder" off my navagation pane?

Second can you help me delete the 20 GB of Cloud Storage from my account, all I have in there is my 40 or so swatches for backup and 20 GB seems like a lot for swatches.

Thanks

Chris  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste here a screenshot of what you see at the first link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what did you mean by saying that clicking the first link > "gone".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said going, Gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't look like anything has stopped syncing for you, yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed your last post, have you read mine?  I opened a seperate app and uploaded it.  There is quite a difference between the "sync" granted that did take place and the previous functionality, as stated in the next post below.  It's the lack of prior communication that wastes everyones time and why so many are in these forums.  Adobe is not shy in communicating sales pitches, my Creative Cloud Desktop app (I get the reference now") is suppose to be my customer portal, bothe the HOME and the APPs windows are a sea of advertising, it doesn't even distinguish between customers, the side bar lists my apps yet it's trying to sell me stuff I already have!  What a dismissive attitude!  The sceens look like the dogs breakfast, my interests are restricted to two tiny sidebars.  Can you help me clear that up too?

Thanks for all your help Kglad.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's too complicated to address all your issues in a forum.

see if this helps narrow your cocerns, for enterprise and teams, https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/eol-cc-synced-files-for-business-plans.html

for individual subscribers, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/eol-creative-cloud-synced-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad,

What is gone is most of the utility of it, for myself and a lot of others in the various posts I've seen.  Sync is gone, the ability to save to the cloud directly from Photoshop, limited to one useful (PDF) file format for images, I use tif jpeg psd psb.  The loss of sharing folders, and the the day I had planned yesterday is gone.  I had read that I could sync with Lightroom but it appears only Smart Previews can be uploaded, still I have sync turned on in Lightroom but can't make that work either.  From what I read here; ( https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html?trackingid=J469WNQ9&mv=in-product ) syncing between apps is; Lightroom Classic to Lightroom Desktop to Lightroom web from there to mobile, is that correct?  What is Lightroom Desktop?  As I understood it Lightroom Clasic is Desk top.  I have Photoshop Photographers Package for Desktop and I have Classic on a Desktop.  I don't use Lightroom for much, so even if it works it still means opening another app. 

What is left?  A folder with no purpose is in my navagation pane that I can't get rid of, a greyed out button on my save as dialog box that alerts me to the fact thet something isn't working.  Ambiguous and confusing comunications from Adobe, in all communications, in all situations and in all circumstances dismissive of wasting our time.  last but not least my frustration Kglad, that remains.

It seems the only thing that does sync for me now is the Creative Cloud app on my computer and the Cloud but in all I have read in the last day not once have I read that syncing (though again from a different app) can be done from my computer without going  to a browser a very small plus.

I have not heard any suggested workarounds or simple explanations as to how to use the features at present or their  expected future utility.  It seems that has been taken from the subscription is being rehashed for resale as new products, leaving a lame duck version like preinstalled apps on my phone, useless and taking up space.

Adobe needs to hire a !@%/? writer, a writer of instruction manuals, a step by step guide top to bottom on how to operate the thing and clear communications when changes are made, unlike “ the sync feature will no longer be available as of Feb 1 2024” or stating in the Lightroom Classic syc FAQ you can sync between “Classic, Desktop or Mobile” leaving all of us to individually waste hours trying to recover our understanding. A single writer would remember that Classic is on a desktop and not confuse the two. Lastly what the hell is Lightroom Ecosystem, how many versions do you need, one product should have one name with options.  I don't need my understanding scrambled once a month.

Could you kindly help me remove this redundant folder from my navigation pane?

Thank you Kglad

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines