Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud and Team

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I am currently using creative clouds to store documents from several team members. Do you have any advice on what you do to back everything up. For example, if I have an employee that is leaving the company, how do I ensure they don't delete all their work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Collaboration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>how do I ensure they don't delete all their work

If you have that worry, maybe you should not have hired that specific person

Do you have physical access to each computer, including the sign in information?

If yes, you need to have a high capacity flash drive, or an external hard drive, and make copies of all work files

What I use for my own backup copies is a "dock" and several SATA drives

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input, John. 

Unfortunately, you have to worry about it no matter who you hire. People will always surprise you. Thanks for the advice on how to prevent this in the future. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogue employees and cyber-criminals aside, your IT dept should have nightly backups of each employee's workstation stored on dedicated cloud backup servers.  Anything less than redundant data backups these days is unacceptable  especially for businesses.  Or if you have no IT dept to manage this for you, you can reach out to companies that specialize in business data backup & recovery services.  I've used Backblaze for several years and highly recommend them. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a corporate back-up system? You need to know that Creative Cloud stores all data locally on the PC. So if that space is included in your back-up, you are OK. If not, you should do that. It should be part of standard disaster prevention. BTW: if someone gets fired, the IT department knows that first hand and the access to the company's network gets revoked on the fly.

@John T Smith's approach is a little simplistic. We hire people, and sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are bad, and sometimes they are evil.

My company I work for has an HR policy established for employees. Different categories of employees are having different levels of access. If you leave the company, you lose that levels based on a risk assessment. But what we fear more than deleting data (see back-up) is that the employee may take with him confidential data. You can try to limit leaks, but each method you apply is probably limiting also the flexibility.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We hire people, and sometimes they are good, and sometimes they are bad, and sometimes they are evil.

=========

I think that sums up humanity in general.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines