Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App won't let me click buttons in macOS [was: iOS] Big Sur

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All

I have bought a new MacBook Pro after my 7-year-old Air was getting slow and imported all my stuff. Everything worked fine except for the Adobe products, namely my beloved Illustrator that does crash at launching (probably some plugin issue). As I unsuccessfully tried to fix my problem with Illustrator by manually uninstalling it and reinstalling, i have encountered a new, more annoying problem: When the Creative Cloud App launches, it won't let me click on any button. I have read about of the installing buttons that don't work in the app, but my app has decided that this is not enough - therefore all my buttons cannot be clicked. Life was too simple anyways....

The only thing that seems to be working is the 3 small ones from iOS on the top left corner, that are not helping much. I tried to repair the App (when I wanted to uninstall there was this suggestion), and then downloading the newest Uninstaller and reinstalled the App. Still the same thing is happening.

Can any kind soul help me on this issue? 

Any help would be appreiated and rewarded with eternal gratitude,

Cornelia

Printscreen of the App that ignores my mouse:

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 21.39.24.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cornella, sorry you are encountering so many problems using the new MacBook Pro.  What process did you go through when moving data from the MacBook Air to the MacBook Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

Thank you for your reply. I did the transfer via migration assistent by wlan from my old mac. My partner has told me there was a problem with the migration with 2 files, maybe it was for the adobe products...

Does this help?

Regrads, Cornelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cornelia, this is what I expected. In the future, please do not transfer applications from a computer via the migration assistant or by copying the files from one computer. It often leaves the new computer in an unexpected state with either missing files or incorrect file permissions assigned to the files.  Instead, focus on transferring any documents or files to the new computer and then reinstall any necessary applications directly.

You may be able to recover by following the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html to remove all Adobe applications that are currently installed on the computer.  Once any available uninstallers have been run, or you have attempted to run them, you can then download and run the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Once everything has been removed, you can use the process in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html to reinstall any required applications.

Please update this public forum discussion if you have any additional questions, Cornelia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff

Thank you for taking the time for this answer, not the one that i liked but expected a bit. 

I'll do the suggested steps!

Regards,

Cornelia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just FYI, you do not run iOS, so your question is a bit confusing. Big Sur is macOS, not iOS. iOS is in iPhone and iPad only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines