• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud - buggy, today - what to do?

Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CC is (?) buggy, today.  Acted up right after after doing the update for InDesign to v 16.2.1 

Now, the Creative Cloud desktop app takes several minutes to load.  The side-bar "Resources" only shows "Tutorials" - Stock, Behance, and Support Community tabs are now gone.  (Those have been disappearing off-and-on, recently.)  And the top bar only shows "Desktop" - Web and Mobile are gone, now.  

Briefly, on one app, that I tried to "test" got a pop-up saying that I was off-line and could not use the app (?? LrC).  

So I quit all apps, signed out of Adobe CC, went off-line, re-started the computer.  Tried again.  Nothing improved.

Should I attempt to unistall and reinstall the CC desktop app, myself?  Am assuming that, if Creative Cloud is not working properly that I should not try to update any more Adobe applications.

Or should I call Adobe for support?

Adobe Creative Cloud V 5.4.4.550  Set to "auto update" for CC only

iMac - OS Catalina V 10.15.7

Adobe Apps that I need/use regularly (on my Mac) - LrC, PS & CameraRaw, InDesign, Illustrator  (All due for updates - except InDesign - and I do not allow "auto-update" on any applications.

Appreciate recommended actions to take from here.

Thank-you, in advance!  

Please note:  None of the "Topics" below, are correct options.

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

So the display isn't perfect but everything works?  Is that the gist of it? 

What is your Internet connection speed?

How many Adobe Fonts are you syncing through CC Desktop App?  Fonts have been known to slow things down quite a bit.

How much free RAM and empty hard disk space do you have?

Catalina alone takes up 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of HD space. 

You need additional RAM and HD to support CC Desktop app + all other apps you use.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive the obvious questions but did you restart your computer after the update?

Which OS do you have?

Have you updated Creative Cloud Desktop App?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Have to assume that the update happened in the background, before I did the restart of my computer.

My Adobe account settings are for Creative Cloud to update automatically.  (Not other applications, just CC.)  

After posting to this community, earlier today, I did reach an Adobe advisor, through chat.

They wanted to use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.  I looked that up, on the Adobe site.  Looks straight forward enough to do, just for the Creative Cloud app.    

(The connection/response time, today, with Adobe chat seemed really slow - so I did not proceed through them. )

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basic info:

Adobe Creative Cloud V 5.4.4.550  

Set to "auto update" for CC only

iMac - OS Catalina V 10.15.7  (System is good - loads of memory and drive space free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Following some of the steps provided through helpx.adobe (and a bunch of links that I found in a similar, faily recent, post here from another community professional) - ran through the Uninstall and Reinstall steps.

That did nothing.

When I sign in, through Adobe, everything looks fine on my account, there.  Clearly it is the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app that is not working properly.

Through Adobe support chat got a session with them today but still is not fixed.

Not sure what to do now.   

Do you think it is okay to go ahead and start updating the apps I need to use, (PS, Camera Raw, & LrC)  without updating the Creative Cloud Desktop app, for now?  Guess I am uncertain if, how, or when, the Creative Cloud Desktop app will directly affect the performance/updating of any of the Applications I use.

Thank-you for any advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try it and see what happens. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank-you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated the apps - all went well!   But CC still almost as buggy as when I first posted this issue.  Takes forever to load/open the window to my desktop, even though the icon is active, and still does not present the top and side bars correctly.  

I posted to another recent string, here, which seemed to describe a vaguely similar issue.  Sounds like they were able to correct it with a combo of system-level removal of the CC app and then Reinstalling CC.  

Will wait to hear if this may be a workable solution for this issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator branched & moved to original topic to avoid confusion & duplication.]

Issues with CC have been going on for several days, on my iMac.  (I started another string, here about it being 'buggy')

Did a session with Adobe on-line chat, but the issue is not yet resolved.  (Only so much time in a day to spend problem-solving.)  

When I sign-in to my Adobe account, through the web-access, everything on CC is fine.  It is the CC desktop app that is the problem.  Not getting the same error as shown in this string, but it takes forever to open the CC window, even tho' the icon is active on my tool bar. (Spinning wheel for a few minutes.)  When it does open, several things are missing on both the top bar and side panel of the CC window.  But the applications that I use, and the updates for the apps, seem to be fine.

I tried some of the helpx tips, including "Creative Cloud Cleaner" and  "Creative Cloud installer stuck" steps, too.  But that did not fix it.  

Am wondering if I can remove CC from my actual system Library contents, and then go back to Reinstall CC?

Also wondering, if there may be some old versions of the Desktop CC app somewhere on my OS that I should remove, too?  Computer is almost 3 years old - so may be some old CC stuff left on my OS (or migrated from my old OS?) that is interferring with writing the update(s).

Really would like to fix CC, if I can.

Thank-you.

imacOS Catalina, V 10.15.7  (system, storage and memory - all excellent) 

Adobe CC V 5-4-5-550

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the display isn't perfect but everything works?  Is that the gist of it? 

What is your Internet connection speed?

How many Adobe Fonts are you syncing through CC Desktop App?  Fonts have been known to slow things down quite a bit.

How much free RAM and empty hard disk space do you have?

Catalina alone takes up 4 GB of RAM and 12.5 GB of HD space. 

You need additional RAM and HD to support CC Desktop app + all other apps you use.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

The Adobe CC Cleaner Tool can help remove old apps from your system & solve installation problems.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Practice good computer house cleaning.  Purge old temp and Internet files.  Remove non-essential software and move work files to externals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Nancy!  All great suggestions and links!

Fonts might just be the issue, after all.  Recently (just before this issue started 🤔 ... ahem) I did re-activate a bunch of Fonts on Adobe.   Maybe too many?  I will check on the fonts (de-activate the ones I think I can live without) and then will try the CC Cleaner Tool (if still needed).

Also, Adobe Customer Care, did get back to me, too - have a case number to follow up with.   Just might take until next week before I can get it all done.

OS & System is good.  

16 GB RAM

>1.2 TB free HD space  (all work/files are saved to a large external drive > 4TB)

Pretty good with top-level housekeeping. (Always trying to do better and learn more.)

Connection/Internet speed - Download 49.35 Mbps / Upload 20.64  Ping ms??19

(Tested while a lot of other stuff is going on in this house but I think it is more than adequate.)

Again, really appreciate the info and that you take up your own valuable time to help others who come to this communtiy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your problem review, info and links, were extremely helpful.  Good to keep this process and trouble-shooting steps in my wheelhouse for future.

The Adobe CC Desktop app is restored, today.   Hooray!

While I cannot credit the fix to any one action, because those actions (trouble-shooting and house-keeping) did not create an instant improvement, it is very likely that two housekeeping things, within the Adobe CC Desktop, negatively affected its behaviour:  

1. Fonts management: a few duplicates - where one is in my OS Fonts Book and for some reason I activated the same one - or part of it (eg, Light Italic) - in Adobe Fonts; and ridding or de-activating several Postscript Type 1 Fonts.  (That may become a separate discussion, later.)

2.  Updating every app version that I have activated, even the ones that I use rarely.

Also, the folks through the Adobe Customer Care contact were attentive and professional.  Appreciate that support and this excellent community, too!

Thank-you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines